Any problems with PTT's ?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by agentrod, Jun 19, 2005.

1. agentrod

agentrod

Are you guys having problems with securing PTT's. Was at Northstar yesterday and I was informed that at the moment they cannot accomodate my request for PTT renewal, on hold as per directive of their management. Cant get more info other than that. Any news on PTT's / Northstar ?

Thanks.

2. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

I heard that due to the total gun ban thing that the FED are changing or have changed the policies in issuing PTTs. It could be related to that. Anyway just heard it from a ex-gun salesman.

3. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

i just renewed my PTT on my Armscor last friday and my gunclub processed it. they said it will take 3-5 days. i never heard that there's a suspension of PTT. btw, how do you guys apply for a PTT if there's a shooting match? let's say may match this week sa ganitong lugar and next week naman sa iba, paano i-apply yun ng PTT?

4. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Your gun club will process the request for PTT with FED for any scheduled sanctioned matches. Usually the following restrictions apply:

Level 1 - You may avail of a PTT if the match is within your locality/region. ie, if you live in NCR, you may secure a PTT for any match in NCR.

Level 2 - Within the adjoining regions. ie, if you live in NCR you may secure a PTT for matches in nearby regions.

Level 3 - Nationwide. You may join any level 3 match within the Philippines.

The above guidelines for issuance of PTTs is sometimes flexible, depending on circumstances.

Guys, pls correct anything I have stated which is in error. Thanks. :)

5. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Just renewed my PTT's from Northstar last month with no problems. Got them after a week. Problem must be internal, maybe they're currently having problems with their Liaison officer.

6. 9MX

9MX Rei!

AFAIK, PTTs are only two kinds:

For PPSA members:

Coverage is all PPSA sanctioned matches across the country within the 3 month validity period. One can have his PTT updated from time to time for additional matches that were not earlier published.

For Non-PPSA members:

Coverage is limited to your gun club's home range. If there additions, you're one lucky guy!:cool:

PPSA members are given a premium obviously;e

7. Ferdz

Ferdz

Nasa NorthStar din po ako last Thursday, ayaw po din nilang accomodate yung request ko for PTT renewal. Was planning to participate sa level-1 competition sa Caloocan police range this weekend kaya the need for a new PTT sana. :(

8. Wp.22

Wp.22

I also went to northstar yesterday to apply for a PTT for my other gun and they told me that right now they are not accepting any transactions that deal with FED because Northstar's LTO (license to Operate) is or about to expire already and according to the guys i've talk too the management is not doing anything an the sad thing about it they have not receive their salary for almost two months according to the two RO's there. And they also told me that within the week that armscor will now take over northstar. The only thing i could do is asked for an endorsement and i myself will try to apply for a PTT at crame hopefully FED will still honor the endorsement of Northstar.

with regards to the coverage what i read in the endorsement letter are the following.
    northstar makati
    Armscor marikina
    WSC firing range paranaque
    MDSA firing range binondo manila
    SEG firing range fort bonifacio
    Camp bagong diwa range
    tough guys firing range quezon city

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Check with PB, I think they're the host club for that match. Most PPSA-sanctioned matches from Level 1 and up have "built-in" PTT's in the registration for the duration of the match.

10. agentrod

agentrod

Wp.22

I didn't think there's a story behind it. Let's hope everything turns out good. Paki feedback naman if you have success in getting a PTT from FED.

Thanks.

11. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Poor Northstar employees. So the Armscor takeover is finally happening. Up until last month(when I got my PTT), they were still clueless about this even after I told them that this is what I heard. Just hope Armscor honors all our memberships.

12. agentrod

agentrod

Update on this. I was informed last Saturday that Armscor would be taking over Northstar starting today. Hope they would honor our existing membership.

13. agentrod

agentrod

Good news guys. Armscor (MCS) can now process PTT's for us. They will honor existing Northstar members.

14. gunfool

gunfool

Guys, paki naman ng number ng Armscor MCS. Thanks...

15. Wp.22

Wp.22

Armscor (northstar) MCS 8111264

16. 9MX

9MX Rei!

So pag member ng Armscor Marikina, member na din sa MCS?

17. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Good news indeed. Thanks agentrod :)

18. agentrod

agentrod

Mannix,

Let's hope so, no reason they shouldn't.
    I also hope they offer FMJ reloads at MCS.

Doc,
    no problemo.

19. 9MX

9MX Rei!

just spoke with russell (o di ba close na kami;f ), here is the gist:

1.armscor members will be accommodated at mcs

2.same policies apply

kaya for me, sa marikina na lang ako. though its nice to have armscor mcs on my ptt, it adds up to the essence of my pistol's being.

LOL!;z

20. Wp.22

Wp.22

This is to inform all Northstar members. Armscor MCS will replace your still valid ID's with new armscor ID and you have to fill up the application form for record purposes.