close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any problems to report with G26 and G30?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deputy, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

My wife likes the Glock 26 a lot and she is really good with mine. I am liking the Glock 30 and wouldn't mind adding one to my collection. Was wondering if these guns are plagued by the same problems as other 4th Gen Glocks or if they are pretty much trouble-free?

Thanks,
    Dep

2. porschedog

porschedog

My G3 G30sf runs great.

3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

yup cant go wrong with the G30, mine has well over 1500 rounds and no problems with it... its my EDC weapon..

4. DocWills

DocWills

Get a 30. Very handy accurate gun. I believe the most accurate they make, follwed by the 34,35.:supergrin:

5. ojabog

ojabog

I have both. Not a single hiccup in either with over 1000 roungs thru each. G30 is my alltime favorite gun. Its also super accurate.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  6. vinstang67

vinstang67

Close to 4000 rounds through my G30 without any problem.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. safetysteve54

safetysteve54

I have two G30's. One is my nightstand weapon and the other is my carry weapon. Also have recently acquired a G26 (thought my wife would like it but she didn't). Darn, guess I'll keep it. No problems with any of them. I have my own range so they all get shot . . . a lot!

8. russelldehart

russelldehart El Tamalon

The 9mm's are in my opinion the best Glock has to offer. I've owned and carried the 26 but decided to go back to the 27 and I can't say enough good things about either pistol.

Unfortunately I can't say the same about the .45 Glocks. I had a 30SF that was the only Jam-o-matic bearing the Glock name that I have ever seen. At least once every magazine it would fail to go into battery regardless of who was shooting it, what ammo I was using, what magazine I was using, etc. Finally after the second trip back to GA I had lost all confidence in the weapon and traded it to a friend for a Glock 19. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to talk you out of getting a 30 but if it was me I would pick a 19, 23 or 32 over the 30.

9. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Deputy, as of now there are precious few range reports published for the recently released Gen4 G30 45ACP, but so far the news is all good.

We have two Gen3 G30SF pistols in our household that have been consistently reliable, but we intend to migrate to Gen4 for the superior ergonomics of the pistol grip texture and enlarged mag release. Although we didn't have any problem with our pistols, be aware that a very few Gen3 G30SF pistols experienced higher than average failure to return to battery malfunctions (FTRTB).

See the link in my signature line below for details about the G30 and why we are such great fans of this pistol.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  10. DaBurna

DaBurna

G26 is PERFECTO!!! My G30SF has been flawless. There were a few RTB issues that have since been worked out. These are 2 of Glock's Golden Guns IMHO!

11. ZO6Vettever

ZO6Vettever

Wife has a G26 and with 12 round mags she loves it. I have a G30 and after taking some polymore from the trigger guard (Glock knucle) like it. I kinda of like to G26 more because of it's size and weight for EDC. 12+1 of good 9mm should get you out of trouble if needed. The 10+1 of .45 is enough to stop several if needed but it is still bigger and heavy compared to the baby glock. Both are gen 3's and trouble free.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  12. gtrcivic

gtrcivic Hokie Glocker

Luckily, all of my 9mm have been good to me and no issues/problems when shooting at the range.

13. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

Thanks for all the feedback. It's really appreciated. Guess I will be okay with both guns. :thumbsup:

14. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

I had a couple of hiccups with my Gen 4 G26. It would throw brass at me about once in a hundred rounds, and then gave me a couple of stove-pipes after I ran it dirty, but I cleaned it up, put the new style ejector in, and so far it has been running like a champ (250 rounds on the new ejector).
    I think I'm going to wait and get a Gen 4 G30 when they become available locally.

15. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

Just got back from the LGS. Ordered a Gen 3 Glock 26 and a Glock 30 (no idea what Gen).

16. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

I've a new G30SF. Only 50 rounds so far. No issues.

17. #1Dragonheart

#1Dragonheart

Have you looked at the G36, single stack 45. Has the feel of a G19 or 26, but the punch of a 45.

18. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

But 4 less shots than a 30. :frown:

I have no problem with the Glock 30 as far as size and feel is concerned. I am more worried about function. I am hoping I get a Gen 3 Glock 30. I will know today as they are supposed to arrive at the dealer. I'll post when I get them. :supergrin:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  19. 153

I think you'll enjoy both pistols....

20. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

HA! You said you were lurking around here!! :tongueout: