GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Interestingly, the one caliber that is readily available at pre-COVID prices is 7.62X39. I have been buying it from one of the well known internet sellers for $5.99-$6.49 a box.

·
Build the Wall
10,205 Posts
Interestingly, the one caliber that is readily available at pre-COVID prices is 7.62X39. I have been buying it from one of the well known internet sellers for $5.99-$6.49 a box.
$5.99 to $6.49 a box is not pre-Covid prices. That's more like post "Sandy Hook" prices.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,763 Posts
For single box prices that is good. Maybe not if you buy in 1000 round cases.

You can get a case of Tula for $315. It's a little high but 7.62x39 has been consistently available and not nearly as marked up as others.

Reactions: Steel & Wood

·
I'm not retired
7,146 Posts
Yes, that's why I didn't have to buy anything during this panic...I stocked up on the last one. Still have leftovers.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,763 Posts
I need some more Miracle Whip and Wonder Bread. Them Vienna Weenies ain't gonna eat themselves.

I seriously doubt your commitment to Vienna and their weenies if you have to "doctor them up" with fake mayonnaise and bread. Just sayin'.

·
1911 lover
10,134 Posts
i've only bought 3 guns since the panic started. an HK SP5, a Glock 20.4, and an FN509c and they all came from a dealer i have used for the last 20 years. got all at at cost + 10% and could easily triple my money on one of them but thats not even an option.
Where did you find a hk sp5 ? I want one very badly.

·
1911 lover
10,134 Posts
I have bought up guns and ammo before an election or after some nut job shoots up a school or church.. overpaid a bit but got what I wanted.

I have panicked twice. And it was VERY COSTLY.. in 89 when bush banned importation of rifles I had to replace some HK stuff at 6 times what the going price had been. In 94 the crime bill also made me panic buy a couple colt AR'S and an M1A and many many hundreds of mags. Also got some pistols that used larger than ten round mags like my usp 40 HK and a glock 17 and a sig 229 .. I spent easily ten to fifteen grand.

Sandy hook had me buying 308 and 5.56 AR's. .. but I made good decisions on what I bought.

Knowing how nasty the lefties hate trump I bought ar lowers before the trump hillary election. Again I overpaid but not an insane amount of money.

So even I ... and I consider myself prepared now. Had a few panic situations. Dont know if what surprised me was a true surprise .. or .. if I was just not paying attention like I do now to guns and prices and supply and politics.
So I sympathize with people not up to speed.. but I sucked it up and learned my lessons a long time ago.. i reload and plan ahead.. if things dont get better I may take this opportunity to sell off some stuff I dont need much. I could do everything I need with 15 guns.. inc competition shoots and carry and sport clays and home defense . And so can you. Maybe people can get by with half of that and thats fine too.

·
DEPLORABLE ME!
11,583 Posts
I wouldn't say I was a panic buyer per se. But as I thought about it more and more, I figured a Biden/Harris administration could be trouble for black rifle buyers. I purchased a Windham Superlight in .223 a couple of months ago as insurance policy. I checked their website yesterday and the MSRP increased 35%, to a little under a grand.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts