Any panic buyers out there?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by geodan, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Interestingly, the one caliber that is readily available at pre-COVID prices is 7.62X39. I have been buying it from one of the well known internet sellers for $5.99-$6.49 a box.

2. Steel & Wood

Steel & Wood Build the Wall

$5.99 to $6.49 a box is not pre-Covid prices. That's more like post "Sandy Hook" prices.

3. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

For single box prices that is good. Maybe not if you buy in 1000 round cases.

Steel & Wood and syntaxerrorsix like this.
  4. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

You can get a case of Tula for $315. It's a little high but 7.62x39 has been consistently available and not nearly as marked up as others.

Steel & Wood likes this.
  5. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Yes, that's why I didn't have to buy anything during this panic...I stocked up on the last one. Still have leftovers.

6. JK-linux

JK-linux

I haven't panic bought since 1994. YMMV

quantico likes this.
  7. Wankster

Wankster

I hope so and have done my part and I hope everyone else who cares about these issues has as well. Make sure you vote peeps.

8. lazarus66

lazarus66

I need some more Miracle Whip and Wonder Bread. Them Vienna Weenies ain't gonna eat themselves.

billy_56081 likes this.
  9. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I seriously doubt your commitment to Vienna and their weenies if you have to "doctor them up" with fake mayonnaise and bread. Just sayin'.

10. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Where did you find a hk sp5 ? I want one very badly.

11. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I have bought up guns and ammo before an election or after some nut job shoots up a school or church.. overpaid a bit but got what I wanted.

I have panicked twice. And it was VERY COSTLY.. in 89 when bush banned importation of rifles I had to replace some HK stuff at 6 times what the going price had been. In 94 the crime bill also made me panic buy a couple colt AR'S and an M1A and many many hundreds of mags. Also got some pistols that used larger than ten round mags like my usp 40 HK and a glock 17 and a sig 229 .. I spent easily ten to fifteen grand.

Sandy hook had me buying 308 and 5.56 AR's. .. but I made good decisions on what I bought.

Knowing how nasty the lefties hate trump I bought ar lowers before the trump hillary election. Again I overpaid but not an insane amount of money.

So even I ... and I consider myself prepared now. Had a few panic situations. Dont know if what surprised me was a true surprise .. or .. if I was just not paying attention like I do now to guns and prices and supply and politics.
    So I sympathize with people not up to speed.. but I sucked it up and learned my lessons a long time ago.. i reload and plan ahead.. if things dont get better I may take this opportunity to sell off some stuff I dont need much. I could do everything I need with 15 guns.. inc competition shoots and carry and sport clays and home defense . And so can you. Maybe people can get by with half of that and thats fine too.

12. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

I wouldn't say I was a panic buyer per se. But as I thought about it more and more, I figured a Biden/Harris administration could be trouble for black rifle buyers. I purchased a Windham Superlight in .223 a couple of months ago as insurance policy. I checked their website yesterday and the MSRP increased 35%, to a little under a grand.

13. ThatGuyYouKnow

ThatGuyYouKnow Custom Title Goes Here

That's all I needed to see.