close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any PA hunters out there.

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by m14shooter, Dec 25, 2002.

1. m14shooter

m14shooter

I missed PA's deer season this year due to my ship's underway sched. but maybe that was a good thing becouse of the 3 points on a side law. My friends tell me that they heard of people being arrestes for shooting smaller racks instead the the $25 fine that was promised? Did this happen to anyone.

2. GRIZZLYBEAR

GRIZZLYBEAR

I am a Pa. hunter and have been for 40 plus years. You're a little off base with the three point restricition. The three point on side only applys to certain counties mainly in the northwestern part of the state. In the southern tier counties it's a four point restricition, and in special regulation areas it no restricition.
    As a member of the military on active duty there is no point restricition in any county.
    The county listing and restricitions are spelled out the PA Game commission web site at www.pgc.state.pa.us
    Hope the web site will help you out.
    Don't believe the BS about the $25.00 fine through. I know a hunter from GA that turned himself for a three point buck in a four point area and when all was said and done his fine was $650.00 plus loss of license priviledges for 3 years.
    Hope I gave you insight.
    If I can be of any other assistance email me.

3. LinuxBoy

LinuxBoy

Griz is right; they are turning right around on those who, in compliance with the law, report their mistake. They cite them with some sort of "unsafe shooting" violation since "the hunter did not clearly identify their target."

The true penalties are as Griz described.

4. m14shooter

m14shooter

Thanks GRIZZLYBEAR. That realy helps.:)

5. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

The PGC "says" ;5(Like we can trust them) that the $25.00 fine was put in place to help stop regular tag holders from shooting a 4 or 3 point on one side(Depends where you live in Pa) deer so that the jr tag holder can harvest any buck, Plus the real reasone that they will not say is that they want to bring in out of state hunters to bring in more money to the state like Montana ECT. And let's not forget the $500.00 fine for shooting a buck that is to small if the PGC feels that you shot this deer anyway feeling that you could get away with it ;6.
    ;2 When I live in Va, I saw a GW and when he aproched me he asked how did I do today, did you see any deer? :) they where real nice to deal with BUT here in Pa the first thing they ask you is "who are you and what are you doing here"!!!;6 and yes you sometimes get a nice GMO but they are few and far between. The Pa GM >>;B<< That's MO I could be wrong.
    Sniper