close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any other Food Network Fans?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Maxthemutt, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

My dad was a great fry cook and my brother was a Suy (sp) Chef, I didn't know jack about cooking until I started watching the Food Network. My favorites are Bobby Flay and Emeril. Anyone else a fan?

2. Garr

Garr Be Prepared

GGOD EATS GOOD EATS GOOD EATS

Sorry, I just can't get enough of Alton Brown.

3. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I like Alton, but he reminds me alittle too much of HS science class. :)

4. mudfootball

mudfootball

as a bio major with chem backround i can appreciate how in depth alton gets, but my work sched usually leaves me walking in the door to the iron chef and going to bed after emeril, while glocktalking the whole time. I wish Flay would ditch that ditz that always is on the show
    kt

5. nickg

nickg

there are a lot of great shows on food network. i usually don't get a chance to watch it too much during the summer months because i'd rather be doing ANYTHING but sittin' in the house watching tv!!

but i definitely wouldn't mind a personal experience cooking with rachael ray though!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

6. Stephen

Stephen Hola! Millennium Member

Good Eats; 30 Minutes Meals; $40 a Day; IRON CHEF!~2

7. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

When I turn on the TV for background noise and nothing else is on, I watch Food TV as long as Martha Stewart ain't on!

Unwrapped is one of my favorites ;)

8. DigitalPhotog

DigitalPhotog

watching food network as I type this. The wife and I always battle whats going to be on...food network or animal planet. If I have to see one more "americas funniest animals", I gonna shoot the TV

9. Maxthemutt

Maxthemutt

I like the food network for backround noise too. I like Martha though, especially If I want to nap. Her voice is so soothing. She reminds me of the guy that used to be on PBS that painted, I could sleep for hours listening to him.

I can rarely watch animal planet with the woman home, she can't watch snakes or any kind of hurt animal, even if it's cops arresting the guys who did it.

10. eljefe6

eljefe6

Bang a gong we are on!

Whose cuisine reigns supreme?

11. joker1

joker1

Nickg, I agree with you. Rachel Ray is yummy. 30 minutes with her wouldn't be enough. I wonder if she shoots?

12. nickg

nickg

now how come rachael ray, nigella lawson, and giadda delaurentis can't do their OWN version of "the naked chef"? ? ? ;f ;f ;f

13. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Amen brother!

My wife refers to Giadda as "the low cut chef" due to her tendency to wear breast baring apparel.

Bobby Flay and Molto Mario Battali are the most pompous donkeys on TV. I love it when Bobby goes to someone's place, tastes their food and says "hey, that's actually pretty good".
    Oh, thank you your Assholiness!!

14. Bruce H

Bruce H

Rachael Ray, Sara Moulton, Tyler Florence, Anton Brown, and Emeril are all good viewing. They all prepair decent dishes without claiming everything has to be perfect. Fun to watch but fattening.

15. Remander

Remander

My wife complained to no end when our cable system got FoodTv and I watched it nonstop for weeks.

Now she praises it, as I cook her scrumptious dinners.

16. labrat

labrat

Emeril Lagasse rules.................

17. Caretaker

Caretaker GO YANKEES!!!

I have been a fan of FOOD all my life and if you seen my pic you could tell that very well.

I am also a big fan of the cooking shows and chefs on tv. I watched them since i was a little kid. Started with julia child in the early 70's and Graham Kerr (Galloping Gourmet). then went to jacques Pepin and Justin wilson (The Cookin' Cajun). Then Jeff Smith (Frugal Gourmet) and Paul Prudhomme and Martin Yan (Yan Can Cook). Right up to today cooking stars of Bobby Fley and Emeril Lagasse and the rest of the Food Network Crew. I am a big fan of all the cooking shows over the years. It was on these shows where i took alot of my olde time Family Recipes I learned from my grandparents and aunts and My mom and added ideas and tips to them to enhance those recipes to my very own interpretations of the recipes. to make them even better. One thing to know about these shows and chefs. You dont have to take their recipes as gospel but can alter any recipe they use or show you and add here and remove here what you like and develope your own interpretations for yourself and come up with your own culinery cuisine that suits you and your family's taste. A recipe is a guide not a rule. I have taken a single tip or ingredient from a entire recipe and put it into one of my recipes and develope a new recipe which had nothing to do with what they were cooking.

The Food Channel is wonderful and great learning tool for those wannabee cooks and chefs for on their channel you can not only find one chef but dozens of chefs cooking foods from all over the world and cooking things from appetizers to main courses to desserts of all kinds. You can learn about food from all ethinic groups from all over the varied regions of the world. Chefs like Alton Brown and Tyler Florence, break down recipes to the basics and not only show you the recipe but why the recipe is what it is and the precise ways and techniques to produce the best possible product and dish. If you cant find it on The food Network what you like, then it doesnt exist.

Watch the shows and the Chefs and learn from them. The Food Network has a great website as well where yu can see a show you watched to get that recipe you wanted ior to find a recipe you want to cook by going into recipe search on their site. or look at all the recipes done by a particular chef you like. It makes cooking easier and more fun.

I am a big fan of FOOD NETWORK and so glad all those great chefs from years and decades beforebroke ground and enabling such a network to take off. Julia Child broke ground for Cooking on Tv, but it was Emeril Lagasse and his exciting personality, playfulness and cooking techniques and mannerisms that have Put Food TV in the mainstream and became the first Rock Star personality of the Kitchen.

Enjoy the good food and good drink with good freinds and Bon Appetit!

;c ;V ;Y ^1 ^5 ^c
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. grantglock

grantglock /dev/null

its my favorite channel, i watch emeril every night after iron chef. i have also been watching bbq with bobby flay, thats pretty good.

19. Glenn E. Meyer

Glenn E. Meyer

I love the channel. They are also progun. Anthony Boudros on his show went to the range and fired some full autos AKs and said it was a rush. He also shot a bunny rabit and had it cooked up. Ming Tsai went hunting and shot some birdies. He also make a point of explaining his gun. On Food Finds, Sandra Pickney has worn a six gun when out west - probably just for looks but whatever.

Alton wields a mean large Spyderco. I also liked his battle with the TSA over his crepe pan.

And course, no one can miss the blood and guts on Iron Chief!

20. Jack T.

Jack T.

Ditto that.