Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
I’m purchasing one to use as a suppressor host. Threaded barrels for the G17.5 are limited, but any G19 threaded barrel fits the G19x. The G19.5 grip is too short for my hands, so the 19x is a good solution for me. The shorter slide length will help the suppressed setup balance better.

As a lefty and Gen 2 fan I really like the Gen 5. The mag well flare on the 19.5 makes the grip feel weird in my hand. If the 19x were not a Gen 5 frame I would have no interest in it as the coyote poop color isn’t appealing. I do like that they coated the slide like my FNX 45 FDE. I always thought the colored frame/black slide guns look bad.

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
I got my 19X from my FFL today. For me it feels perfect in the hand, if it shoots as good as it feels I’m sure I’ll end up with at least one more if not several more. I like the finger groove free grip and the slight extension in the front rather than the half moon cutout. I wasn’t sure I’d like the color, in person it looks good. I installed my Alphawolf threaded barrel, fits like it should, my plan for this first 19X was suppressor host from the start.

· Glockalfeliac
1,127 Posts
I haven't seen them - what are they like? Also, why don't you like the standard u notch?
The Glock night sights are made by meprolight, they are a simple 3 dot night sight with white rings around the green. I standardized on the GNS or Meprolight on my Glocks year’s ago, the ones on my new 19X are perfect for me unless I swap them for taller suppressor sights.

http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid={0B7B71C6-C5C1-4011-93AE-A79C7B82AF8B}&details_type=1&itemid={AC571E14-55D2-4CD5-A4DE-C9D549B220F5}

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.