Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be that guy and start a semi-troll thread, but the onslaught of 19x praise has me really confused. The Gen 5 came out and threads were all hating on its lack of innovation. The Gen 5 actually did bring some new improvements, like a better OEM trigger. Of course the 19X will share those improvements, but...

It seems like the most gimickey thing Glock has ever released. If one is to conceal (or open) carry it, there is nothing to gain from the shorter slide. If I’m going to endure a shorter sight radius, snappier slide timing, and brass to the face, it should at LEAST conceal as well as a standard G19.

It balances so much better everyone says. Game changer. What about a G19 with +2 extensions? Problem solved for under 50 bucks.

I think ultimately it looks cool, people love the baby poo brown slide, and it’s a mass delusion of new gun syndrome. Am I the only one thinking these bad, bad heretical thoughts?

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m purchasing one to use as a suppressor host. Threaded barrels for the G17.5 are limited, but any G19 threaded barrel fits the G19x. The G19.5 grip is too short for my hands, so the 19x is a good solution for me.
Suppressor host is by far the best explanation I’ve heard for a use for these guns. I think a lot of folks are using them as the newest bling in their 4 o’clock Crossbreed.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Problem is my G17Gen5 barrel rusted from carrying (I'm guessing the barrel is pushed close to the body and results in excess moisture and salt).
Please share pics. Did it happen on the barrel hood or smiley? I’ve seen this on new Glocks but thought (hoped) they’d solved the problem. I sweat like a pig on my 2001 G26 and she shows no trace of corrosion. Not so with my PUU Gen3 19, it became badly rusted on the smiley and a few other places.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The 19x was not meant to be a concealed carry pistol, it was the military's MHS model and meant to be carried out in the open, pretty easy to figure out ...if it was meant for concealing it would be a lot smaller in its frame...
Indeed, and maybe the military specified a particular barrel length in their effort to give Sig the contract? All things being equal, I just can’t see giving up the extra length of the 17 for any application.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The 19 slide, it perfect for use as a holstered duty weapon as sometimes longer guns and yes even the 17s holsters dig into car seats causing the holster to ride into your side. We as officers don't have the luxury of picking a holster that tucks in close and rides high, so the 19X is a very viable option for LE use.
TXPO
I’ve noticed this phenomenon with my 17 OWB around the farm. Damn good point; I concede that maybe the 19x does have more merits and applications than I first thought.

· Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If your use for the gun is shooting fast, as in GSSF/USPSA/IDPA competition, or self-defense where concealment is not a factor, the shorter slider and sight radius is faster to aim .
You literally don’t see G19’s in the top ranks of USPSA and with maybe 1 exception GSSF. What you might gain in transition speed is quickly lost in timing on splits, and the additional powder needed to make power factor or make the stock gun function.

As far as IDPA goes; well...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.