close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one purchase AR mags from TopGlock.com?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Midian, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Midian

Midian

After weeks of waiting, I finally received my order of full capacity mags from TopGlock.com. At the top of the page, it says, “All New Manufacture Magazines”. Thus, $27.95 seemed like a pretty reasonable price to pay for 20 round Colt mags. I just got the mags in the mail and they are not new at all. Instead, I received beat up and dented mags with about 50% finish left that were probably manufactured in the 70s. Needless to say, I am not a satisfied customer. Did any one else order any of these mags? If so, did you get new ones as advertised or did you get used ones too?

[Edited to add:
    Wow…I just spoke to TopGlock about the mag issue. The customer service rep was actually really cool. He explained that even though the mags are beat up and dented, they are in fact brand new and never fired. It turns out that Colt shipped them the mags without bothering to indivually wrap or protect the mags in any way. The rep explained that when TopGlock complained about the quality of the mags to Colt that Colt said TopGlock was lucky to get any Colt products at all to begin with because they are not going to continue selling to the civilian market.

Of course, after all that explanation, TopGlock offered to refund my money if I am not happy. This restores my faith in TopGlock. However, this seals the deal that if Colt does not care about civilian business, then this civilian is not going to give Colt any more of my hard earned money. Colt, enjoy your ride to bankruptcy. :steamed:
    ]

2. The Shootist

The Shootist

I got some mags from topglock. I was pissed too. They looked like they had been to hell and back. The manunfacture date on the 30rd mags I ordered was 3/04. I also ordered some Colt 30rd mags from Impact Guns the manufacture date was 9/03 but they were in better shape cosmetically than the Topglock mags they had a slightly worn look to then rather the keyed up look of the topglock mags. I got over it though I do recall reading also that Colt packs stuff loose. I also recall a dealer complaining they don't bag small parts.I ordered some Colt small parts from Brownells and they put them in their own bags.

The mags don't appear to have been used though as I examined them the area around the mag catch hole they didn't have that long scrape you see on mags that have been inserted into a rifle and hit up against the mag catch.At least not mine. They just look like some one put them in a dryer with some rocks and left it on for a few days.

3. Terminator

Terminator

GEEZ bro,
    why pay that much just for the horse when you can get Labelles 30 rounders for 20.00? USGI is the way to go with AR mags.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Colt mags are USGI.

Nothing new about Colt pissing on the civilian market. They won't be selling no ban guns to the civies. I wouldn't buy their overrated overpriced crap anyway. Bushy and RRA are the way to go.

5. WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM

WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM Online Sales

Let's cut through the crap and I'll tell you what the deal is. Colt provides their mags in that condition. The mags are brand new, but the finish sucks. Once they wear a little, they will look like any other mag you have. I was pissed when I saw them myself and check them fully and they are new. The finish just sucks. 100% the real deal. We would never screw anyone.

As we have, I would suggest that you call Colt and tell them to invest $.02 on a plastic bag for their mags.

There are no dents or physical problems at all. The only issue is that the mags rub together during shipments and look scratched or used. They are new though.

6. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

For the uninitiated and/or uninformed: Colt doesn't make "their" AR mags.

7. Midian

Midian

TopGlock, thanks for chiming in. While I do understand the unique situation you guys have with Colt, I would have liked to know about the condition of these mags in advance. Traditionally, when you purchase a “New” item, it comes looking that way. In this case, the mags I purchased are beat to hell and literally only have 50% of their finish remaining. Please see the pics.

Again, I understand that the condition is not your fault. Further more, the CS rep explained that did not even know about the bad condition until you received them. However, I feel that you should have contacted me once you received these beat up mags and asked if I still wanted them. TopGlock is an exceptional retailer that has set a very high standard for customer service. Thus, I would have expected better communication.

[Edited to add a pic]
    Side view of 50% finish...
    [​IMG]

Small dent on corner of this one...
    [​IMG]

8. Terminator

Terminator

YO TOPGLOCK!,
    I didnt mean anything against you bro. All i was saying is that 27 bucks is too much for a 20 round mag, and that you can get 30's brand new in a bag for 20 each all day long. I know that prices coming from colt are super high so dont think i blame you.

9. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

If your still looking for good 20 rounders try CMMGINC . These don't have the little pony on them, but have worked fine for me. Made by D&H (formerly Labelle) Price is $16 + shipping. Mine are LEO mags dated 4/04. Yes, I know 30 rounders are cheaper ($12), but I like 20's for prone/bench shooting.

I will post a pic.

NOTE: White spot on mag is NOT a chip. Something was stuck to the side. This was a new mag, but it has been used by me. Any marks on mag are from ME.

FB

10. WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM

WWW.TOPGLOCK.COM Online Sales

Terminator,

After reading my post I see how it could be taken that I was upset. I wasn't. I just like to get to the bottom of things and not jump through hoops.

11. Leonard

Leonard

I couldn't find any $16 20s on that web site.They must have raised the prices up since Fatboy gave em a plug,LOL. ;g

12. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Well they list DPMS Teflon Coated 20 Round Magazine for $15.95 and NHMTG (Okay Industries) for $17.95 right now (3am 10/9). Act fast ;) . You can always ck the AR15.COM EE for other deals.

FB

13. Leonard

Leonard

Gezz,sorry I doubted you FB,i didn't pay close enough attention to detail when I checked out that site. Thank You for the update.;c ;c