any one heard of the siderlock trigger safety for glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by steve028, Aug 4, 2007.

1. steve028

steve028 Guest

has anyone heard of these and what do you think about them , i am thinking about installing one for the fact that I have kids and it seems like an awsome safe guard that can be ready to fire with no extra movements in drawing.sider trigger lock

2. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

I haven't bought one yet, but will. I like that it is a non-permanent modification that in no way alters the function of the pistol. I've been told that the trigger is high quality and comfortable, and that the engagement is very positive and deliberate.

3. mikegun

mikegun

MY g36 came to me with one installed, i think it works fine, very easy to install, and if you dont like it you dont have to activate it...lone wolf sells them by the thousands...

4. Total_Recoil

Total_Recoil

I like the idea, I use a Safe-T Block.

I'm sure some tacticool profeshnull commandos trained to the razor's edge will come in and say "the safety is between my ears" etc.. etc.. For mere mortals like myself, I like the piece of mind that I don't have to worry about my triggering getting snagged etc.. The fact is, it happens even with proper holsters.

Where would you buy one?

5. Total_Recoil

Total_Recoil

As an added note, I find the Safe T block and maybe this one to be faster than the lever safeties (ie 1911, USPs, CZs. etc..) because I have to slightly modify my grip to release the safety with the lever safeties..

6. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

I think that if you are cautious enough to manipulate a safety that is mounted to the trigger, you will have no problem handling a pistol WITHOUT this safety.

If you are not that cautious, this safety is an invitation to disaster.

I have yet to see what I feel is a more ill concieved safety device.

I have often voiced my opinion on this safety that requires the shooter to manipulate the trigger in order to prevent the gun from firing.

Yup, every time I describe using this device, it still sounds very bad.

7. K-DOG

K-DOG

I like to keep my finger off the trigger until I am ready to fire.

Stupid idea for a carry gun....

8. DualM30s

DualM30s Guest

Yeah, I want to like it, but stabbing at the TRIGGER to release or engage a safety just sounds wrong - kinda like "Hillary 2008", know what I'm sayin'? ;)

9. Halojumper

Halojumper

Technically true, but you are pushing on it from the side, perpendicular to the direction it would take to actually fire it. Try this, unload your Glock, cock it and push sideways on the trigger and see if you can get the trigger to actually pull.

10. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

I fully understand this.

Manipulating the trigger from any direction is wrong and irresponsible unless you are firing the pistol. No exceptions.

Volumes have been written about the subject. Nothing to the contrary has ever been recognized as acceptable. Nothing probably ever will.

11. Halojumper

Halojumper

Depends who is doing the recognizing. We'll probably just have to agree to disagree on that one.