close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one familiar with Colt's Mustang .380

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mrslippery, Feb 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mrslippery

mrslippery

Have a possible chance to pick one up but never heard anything about them. This one is a Plus II, has a great feel to it vs. the LCP I use to own. Looks good next to my Kimber and may serve as a bug providing there dependable. Took a look over at Gunbroker, pricey little items, maybe a good trade for my XD 45. This one needs some minor mechanical help that needs to be addressed before I consider picking it up. Anyone know of a good Colt smith in the NW Ohio area, may just ship it to Colt, but thought I'd ask here first.

2. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

They sure are expensive. I had one and it was the best shooting 380 I've fired, reliable, accurate, and incredibly soft-shooting. I never (pocket) carried it because it weighs so much more than my keltecs.

I ended up selling it since I had no real use for it and it brought me alot of needed $$$. It's a great little gun, though heavy (maybe that's what makes it work so nice)

3. Lester R. Britton

Lester R. Britton

I have looked for a long time to purchase one of these but finally settled on a Sig P238 which is an exact copy of the Colt and can used Colt magazines. The Sig is 100% reliable and I haven't felt bad about buying it. As far as a good gunsmith in NW Ohio; try Gander Mountain in Twinsberg just off of 91. His name is Josh and he's very good. Parts for the Mustang are very hard to obtain and Colt isn't any help. I really wanted one but my Sig fits the job perfectly.

4. Yo

Yo

Mustang?

DON't do it.

I'm a Colt fan, but IMHO the Mustang is C R A P.

I've shot three or four. They all were very unreliable and very inaccurate. Just a bad design, sloppily assembled. If you really want a metal .380 get a Sig P230 or P232.

[​IMG]

5. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

One of my deepest regrets of my gun trades was getting rid of a Mustang Pocket-Lite...great little gun, and of course, like most of stupid trades I made, it has increased dramitically in price.

Now have a S&W Walther PPKS....nice little gun, but nothing like the Colt...

6. mrslippery

mrslippery

Thanks for the replies. Just got a reference on a shop in Sandusky, Ohio, The Gun Works. Will give them a call this week, and arrange to drop it off. Hopefully it will be a shooter, wouldn't mind having it as a BUG to my 1911.

7. JGguns

JGguns

I loved mine! If I didnt buy mine for 290 bucks I would have never got rid of it. Never jammed, smooth as silk. Awsome gun imo

8. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

If it's an exact copy wouldn't Sig P238 parts fit it?