Any one ever touched up a glock slide..?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Will Miller, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Will Miller

Will Miller

Was wondering if any one has ever touched up any holster wear makes or anything on a glock slide and if so what did you use..?I bought a used 23 the other day looks like as new condition except around the front sight blade is grayish as if some one tried blueing it with some thing that didnt match very good.

2. JWP

JWP

i have used birchwood casey touchup blue on holster wear on g21, the origional is more like parked but the blue works reasonably well

3. Elkbow

Elkbow

Because of the finish that is embedded into the metal on a glock slide, they don't blue well. I do gun refinishing, one of the main finisheds I do on the glock is stripping the finish and then bead blasting. You then have a matte silver slide. You can see what I mean here with my G35:

[​IMG]

4. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson

Is the tennifer finish still there after you bead blasted it? It seems like it's in the white now.

5. Elkbow

Elkbow

The tennifer is embedded fairly deep in the metal, I've never seen one rust that I've done. I tell the people to wipe it down with a silicon clothe, which is just good maintenance at any time.

I have seen a Glock rust though, just one. I just refinished one that must have been put away and stored with water on it or in a moist place.

I also do the bake-on finisheds, black, grey, tan, etc.

6. Will Miller

Will Miller

what finish is on that one it looks like some kind of matte Stainless? it looks really nice

7. Elkbow

Elkbow

its the bare slide....I sandblast first with 120 mesh aluminum oxide which just barely removes the black coating on the outside and then I finish it off with glass bead that gives it the silver matte finish....