close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any one else sick of summer and ready to kill ducks??

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by LovemyGlock's, Aug 11, 2004.

1. LovemyGlock's

LovemyGlock's

I have been training my young lab for months now, I got a new set of waders last week, shotgun shells last month and the season won't open in MS until the last week of Nov! What is a guy to do?? Shot skeet today, no where near the same and the heat index has been around and over 100 here for the last two months. I guess I got the summer time blues. ;4

2. USPcompact

USPcompact

It's driving me crazy, especially since I'm working on building a duck boat for the season. Our goose season comes in September 1st, so maybe that'll hold me over until the ducks come in. I like shooting sporting clays, but dammit, it just ain't the same.

3. D25

D25 The Quick

I hear you. It was almost 100 degrees here in Oregon today. I can't wait until I can go freeze my *** off in a blind.

4. joker1

joker1

I have no desire to harm a cute,fuzzy little duck. What did they ever do to you? Now pheasants.... there's a trouble maker for you. I've shot quite a few of those, but always in self defense.;f

5. duffbeer

duffbeer

I sure am ready now. Just bought new duck boat a 18 foot pontoon all deck out in camo and ready to go shoot some green heads. Pick it up thursday got it for 1,000 bucks. The weather here in Michigan is already duck weather 52 and raining this morning. Season open on oct 9 two long months.

6. Dan

Dan

I have pheasant fever too. I would like to give duck hunting a try.

7. mudfootball

mudfootball

man does september goose season suck, hot , muggy sticky, buggy and the geese are screwed up that time of year, not acting like geese. but i always find myself out in soaking wet fields chasing them, first week of october always, well once a wedding got in the way, but otherwise always finds me waist deep in sludge trying to spin on teal and woodies. cant wait
    kt

8. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Well, the pursuit of standard capacity GLOCK magazines (AWB “sunset” 9/13/04) has helped me while waiting for goose/duck season to arrive in Michigan, but yeah, I’ve got the itch to get out as well! ;)

I do still need a pair of new (I found a pair of nails at the end of last season with my otherwise perfect old waders...) waders however... I have to get that done here soon. Planning to get a set of waders that have at LEAST 1,600 grams of insulate… hoping for 2,000 grams however… Lake Huron water gets MIGHTY cold at the near the end of duck (divers) season!!! ;P

9. snakeman

snakeman

I am going to Kansas to hunt them in October. I just moved from there and am ready to go back to visit for some hunting. untill then I will have to occupy my time with coyotes down in Texas, or with doves when I go back up there in September.;f

snakeman

10. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

you got that right

they arent grey, they dont fly erratically and generally taste awful

11. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

I'm ready to go!!! Went on a float last week scouting for some new areas to hunt. Resident goose comes in the first week of Sept, guess it will have to hold me until duck season gets here.

12. Michigun

Michigun Miss Michigan?

Because steel shot sucks! ;)

FYI, In Michigan all longuns (Michigan CPL’s do not cover ANYTHING but handguns & in MI, vehicles are NOT considered an extension of your home!) must be unloaded & cased while traveling to or from anywhere in a motorized vehicle. In other words, while I’m traveling in the duck boat, to the duck blind, I’m pretty much a “sitting duck” ;)… having a handgun keeps me fully armed 100% of the time… without a handgun I’d have to rely on a shotgun that has to be kept unloaded & cased half the time.

All that aside, you’d better believe if I ever ran into a situation where I needed to protect myself while waterfowl hunting that I wouldn’t be dropping the 12-gauge & picking up no stinking handgun! :) (I carry around at least 10 rounds of Remington’s Hevi-Shot (the largest size legal) for just this reason! ;f)

13. MDT

MDT Glock21Love

Dove season opening soon!!! Just the beginning of a beautiful hunting season (wife rolloing eyes). We have had amazingly cool weather this summer in Oklahoma, I have seen quite a few deer lately. I can't wait!!

MDT

14. d0truji

d0truji

15. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

I'm with joker1. I want pheasant hunting to start. The dogs are ready and so am I. The private preserves start shooting pheasants Sept 1. I might have to pay more, but I'm going as soon as Sept gets here.

16. wprebeck

wprebeck Got quacks?

Dove opens 9-1, and bow season for deer/turkey on 9-4. Got my stands up, scout cams running, and feeders filled! Can't wait!!!

Oh, and tree rats are good to go in a week, but I'll wait a while for them..

17. nyredneck

nyredneck كا&

Me, the Dog, and the Wife are geared to go!! Just can't do much scouting, this has been a bumper crop year for mosquitos!! Damn little bloodsuckers!:(
    p.s. I'll shoot 'em on the water too!!!;f

18. rfb45colt

rfb45colt safe-cracker

The early goose season starts in just 14 days, on Sept 1st... the duck season opens on Sept 25th. I'm putting the finishing touches on my boat blind... and I'll be ready to go!!!!!!!

Since last season, I've added to my duck-hunting-stuff inventory:

Another dozen goose floaters (Walmart has Flambeau goose dekes with removable keels, and movable heads, for only $39.95 per 4 pack... bought another 4-pack just last night:)).

2 Featherflex "quiver" feeder decoys (to go along with my 2 "Lucky Duck" spinning wing decoys, to add more movement to my decoy spread).

An Evinrude 9.9hp outboard (used, 1994 model... got it at an auction for $300 :)).

A camo-stocked Beretta ES100 Pintail, 12ga shotgun (used, from Gunbroker.com).

Advantage Wetlands camo stock set for my Rem 1100.

A 3' chambered "steel-shot" barrel for my Rem 1100.

A boat blind (home-made, out of 1/2" conduit, and camo-colored blind material... should be finished with it later today).

A pop-up ground blind, with flip-open roof, in wetlands camo.

Advantage Wetlands camo floatation cushions.

Advantage Wetlands camo personal floatation devices.

10 more boxes of Hevi-Shot (6 boxes of #4, 4 boxes of #2).

Advantage Max-4 camo neoprene vest for my chocolate Lab.

... And 2 tickets (and $300 worth of raffle tickets for the gun raffles) for the local DU banquet, on 9/9.

19. USPcompact

USPcompact

Amen!

20. subzerocop

subzerocop

Duck season just started around here. Last friday to be exact. Of course I was working, and haven't been able to go. The first thing I'm going to do on monday is get a permit and gear up.

Hunting season. Woohoo! :)