Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
VIP MEMBER
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in the revolver mode lately and have deceided to carry my old Charter Arms 44 special Bulldog with a 3 inch barrel.Just wondering if any one else conceal carries a 44 special?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I used to carry a S&W 696 now and then. A little heavy but
the sweetes shooting pistol I ever owned. I traded it for a SIG 239 which
I like alot but sometimes, I miss my little .44 Special.
Dano :harley:

·
Da Da
7,243 Posts
I carried one in AK in the late 80's. No issues at all.

If I still had it, I would carry it occasionally.

I miss that gun.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Every now and again, I put the S&W 24-3 in the holster for the days errands...

Stoked with Double Tap's 200 grain Gold Dot load, it'll do.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I carried a 2" Taurus .44 ultra light 5 shot. Ugly but served it's role very well for a couple of years during some lean times for me. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I agree with Omegas the S&W 696 is a great shooting little revolver but does get a bit heavy. Carry mine in a pancake when I do.

Here it is with Ivories and a Tyler T grip

·
VIP MEMBER
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Bulldog is very light and easy to carry all day long.I think it weighs about 19-20 oz's.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Used to have a Taurus 445Ti. 2" ported titanium snub. For me the cylinder width was too much for comfortable carry.

I've got a 3" Rossi 720. Sweet sidearm for walking and working my uncle's property. I just carry 200gr hardcast loaded to about 950fps.

·
Directiv 10-289
6,882 Posts
In the '70s I carried the original Charter Arms Target Bulldog. Very accurate, and very easy to carry IWB.

Wish I still had it.

·
Banned
4,622 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Wouldn't mind having a early Charter Arms Bulldog. A friend had one that he swore by. I've considered the newer manufactured models, however, though I hear some of the original people took back Charter Arms and they are trying to return the brand to its better days, I remain ill at ease.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been in the revolver mode lately and have deceided to carry my old Charter Arms 44 special Bulldog with a 3 inch barrel.Just wondering if any one else conceal carries a 44 special?

Son-of- Sam carried a Bulldog and killed a few people.

David Richard Berkowitz (born Richard David Falco; June 1, 1953), also known as Son of Sam and the .44 Caliber Killer, is an American serial killer and arsonist whose crimes terrorized New York City from July 1976 until his arrest in August 1977.
Shortly after his arrest in August 1977, Berkowitz confessed to killing six people and wounding seven others in the course of eight shootings in New York between 1976 and 1977; he has been imprisoned for these crimes since 1977. Berkowitz subsequently claimed that he was commanded to kill by a demon who possessed his neighbor's dog.

·
Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
436 Posts
I have a 3" and a 4" Bulldog. They're loaded with Glasers and are my house guns. I occasionally carry the 3" and will more now that I've found the Tuff Strips for .44.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I inherited my dad's charter arms bulldog. He bought it nib back in the early 70s. Its in excellent shape. Probably less than 50 rounds through it and very little wear in the blued finish. He did carry it with him (holstered) on his property for several years but rarely shot it. I recently bought some 44 spl hollow points for it and that sucker looks mean just sitting on the night stand. I still have the original box and sales receipt. I think it cost about $125.00 back in the day.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts