close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any of you shoot a CZ 75?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by razdog76, Jan 30, 2010.

1. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

I have been wanting to get a range gun, nothing extravagant, I just want it to preferably be all metal, have a decent trigger, fairly accurate, fit my hand, and be in 9mm.

The CZ 75 is now getting some serious consideration, especially being DA/SA, the ability to carry cocked and locked, or if I get the new omega trigger group having the option of cocked and locked or decocker.

2. S.O.Interceptor

S.O.Interceptor Khem-Adam

I owned a CZ 75B a few years ago. I loved that gun and only sold it because I needed the money badly. It was smooth, reliable, and an all around pleasure to shoot. I wish I still had it and if I ever find one cheap and I have the extra cash sitting around I'll get one.

I recommend it highly.

3. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

Never shot one, but I've heard nothing but good things.

4. blueiron

blueiron

I have owned one for quite a while.

I like it.

5. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Did all of you own a standard CZ 75B, the SP01, or one with an Omega trigger group?

I definately like the 75B, especially the stainless versions, but I can find a standard NIB for about $450.

I can't decide if I like the newer SP01 style, but they definitely seem to be getting popular with competition. What would I do with the rail, but the extra weight could be advantages if I decide to begin shooting games. The ones I find for sale are decock, so I would have to start every string double action...

Lastly, the Omega trigger group. Is there any real advantage, other than being able to easily convert it from decock to safety and back again? I have been pouring over this stuff for days, and cannot find any non-generic answers.

6. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

College room mate had one. Shot it quite a bit. Just thought it was OK. Still like the Hi Power better.

7. blueiron

blueiron

I own the old original CZ75 and haven't handled the newer ones or examined the Omega trigger group.

Since the gun is all steel, it has the perfect amount of heft when shooting anything approaching +P+.

CZ pistols are scarce in my area and unless one orders one, they tend not to stock them. I have to buy magazines online when I want them.

8. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

A Czech friend of mine has one. I like it but it was ejecting cases onto our foreheads.

9. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

They're decent pistols. Avoid 40 S&W chambered models. The 9mms run great. The 40s not so much.

10. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

That's because your forehead looks HUGE in your picture. I bet it has its own gravitational pull.

;)

11. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I had one years ago and sold it, to my regret. It just feels great in your hand, and the ability to carry it DA hammer down, or SA cocked and locked, is pretty cool.

12. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

That also explains why all of the CZ publicity photos have the people with their ball caps pulled down tight.

13. Jarhead FLSTI

Jarhead FLSTI

My CZ75B in .40 has been flawless. I must have gotten lucky...

I have a CZ75B in 9mm and one in .40, a CZ75B with Omega trigger in 9mm. I recently got a the SP-01. Obviously I really liked the first one I got or I wouldn't have 4 of them now.

14. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

From what I've heard and seen over the years the 9mms run the best. The 40s have the most problems, not to say they have a lot of issues, but there are more problems then with the 9mms. You have to remember the CZ75 was made for 9mm and redesigned for 40, and the CZ rami had it's share of problems in 40 caliber too.

If you do get a CZ make sure to replace the extractor spring with one made by Wolff.

15. ottomatic

ottomatic

I have owned a 75 and an 85. Currently I own an 85B.

They are extremely well designed, feel good in the hand, shoot well and (if you have the all steel version) will last a long time.
    A decocker would be a nice touch though.

Try the CZ club for more info.

16. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

So how do the various 9mm's compare?

17. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Shot the first gens when they came to the US and also handled the Tanfoglio copies. Thought they were okay guns, nothing really special, other than the ability to be SA/DA and cocked and locked at the same time. The full rails which are reversed with the slide riding on the inside of the frame is supposed to help with lockup tightness and accuracy, but it's a combat gun so it wasn't too big of a point with me.

Then again, since I am a Glock fan, the SA/DA with cocked and locked capability is moot. I am fine with the Glock safe action 5.5 pound trigger and this here is my safety, sir. <wriggles trigger finger>

18. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

I have thought about getting a 17 or 19 to serve as a range gun, and although they are perfectly fine as a combat gun (I use a 22/27), I just don't want another squirt gun trigger.

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Jericho 941? Baby Eagle?

20. Jarhead FLSTI

Jarhead FLSTI

I definitely like the Omega trigger better. I haven't had the SP-01 long enough to know how reliable it will be compared to my other CZs but I do like the 18+1 capacity.

I have owned and shot a lot of different 9mm's over the years and CZs are definitely my favorite followed closely by the Beretta M9.