Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No Infidels!
8,794 Posts
Regular Strion or Strion LED? I can't find my regular one right now and my LED one is in my locker. The LED version is a little slimmer in the barrel than the standard one. I'll see about getting an answer for you tomorrow if nobody else jumps in in the meantime.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just so happens that I have my streamlight Strion LED right next to me w/ a caliper right next to it!
0.930" at the ribbed portion of the tube. 5.766" long.

What...I have a new caliper and wanted to try it....

·
No Infidels!
8,794 Posts
I absolutely love the Strion LED. Tremendously great light. Maybe the best rechargeable in that size range on the market. I had the original Strion, too, and while I like it, the switch leaves a lot to be desired since it basically consists of a plunger that pushes the battery harder against the spring.

·
Deranged Deputy
14,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The LED has a clicky right? I have been thinking about getting one of those and using it as a rechargeable weapon light in either a Mako foregrip or the streamlight grip and a flashlight ring. I was wanting to know the battery barrel diameter on the Strion LED.

·
132 and Bush
256 Posts
I have the Strion LED and really like it. Very bright, good value for the money, and love the rechargeable feature. The only thing I don't like is that if the battery runs down, it just shuts off. There is no warning, it does not "dim", etc.

The tailcap is "clicky".
One click = on
Click and hold = dim to 3 different brightness settings
Double click = strobe

Pretty sweet. If you get the package deal, you get both the AC and the DC charger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts