Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my duty holster, a 7360 (7ts) for my glock 17 which I run with a TLR1. I own 2 17s, one is older (a 2 pin gen 3). This gun fits the holster like a dream, no issues whatsoever. My other 17 (an rtf2 model) fits the holster, but it is EXTREMELY tight. I find this odd since I've experienced nothing but uniformity between every other holster I've run with these guns. Anyone else notice a similar issue with the 7TS models? I've also tried loosening every blasted screw I can find on the thing but can't seem to adjust the tension whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I'm Thinking the frame may be a bit fatter along the rails. Take a look inside the holster when placing the gun inside. I carry a 19 with a tlr, I have a very slight amount of room between the frame and the fins on the inside of the holster.

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
I carry a gen 5 G17 in a 7360 with a TLR 1.

It was very tight when new. They cheapened the 7360 series compared to the 6360. Gone is the faux suede liner which quickly form fit the gun and kept it smooth drawing while being tight and rattle free.

The 7360 is just tight from the get to and after a few hundred draws the kydex will wear where it needs to.

I literally sat in the car and drew halfway and reholstered hundreds of times a night until it broke in. When new it would refuse to let go and the whole rig would pull up. It eventually wore in but somehow managed to be tight in certain places and still rattle around clunkily.

The 7360 sucks. 1/3 the quality of the 6360 while being 3/3 the price. And hailed as the latest and greatest no less. All just a ploy to increase their profit margin and convince all the agencies going to the gen 5 their guns won’t fit the existing holsters.

Which is total BS. My stupid admin bought into it and took Safariland’s word for it sight unseen. Turns out the gen 5’s fit all the old 6360 holsters I have tried them in. And fit better than they do in the new 7360.

Only reason I’m not buying my own 6360 is because I don’t like spending my own money on work gear anymore.

I can continue trashing this piece of crap if anyone else cares to listen. It’s a sore subject with me.

Yours should eventually wear in and work. As for what exactly is different between the two guns I’m not really sure.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I carry a gen 5 G17 in a 7360 with a TLR 1.

It was very tight when new. They cheapened the 7360 series compared to the 6360. Gone is the faux suede liner which quickly form fit the gun and kept it smooth drawing while being tight and rattle free.

The 7360 is just tight from the get to and after a few hundred draws the kydex will wear where it needs to.

I literally sat in the car and drew halfway and reholstered hundreds of times a night until it broke in. When new it would refuse to let go and the whole rig would pull up. It eventually wore in but somehow managed to be tight in certain places and still rattle around clunkily.

The 7360 sucks. 1/3 the quality of the 6360 while being 3/3 the price. And hailed as the latest and greatest no less. All just a ploy to increase their profit margin and convince all the agencies going to the gen 5 their guns won’t fit the existing holsters.

Which is total BS. My stupid admin bought into it and took Safariland’s word for it sight unseen. Turns out the gen 5’s fit all the old 6360 holsters I have tried them in. And fit better than they do in the new 7360.

Only reason I’m not buying my own 6360 is because I don’t like spending my own money on work gear anymore.

I can continue trashing this piece of crap if anyone else cares to listen. It’s a sore subject with me.

Yours should eventually wear in and work. As for what exactly is different between the two guns I’m not really sure.

You must of gotten into the evidence locker...

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
You must of gotten into the evidence locker...

Haha. Nope. Just really dislike this holster, and so do a lot of the boys. It’s recent enough it still bothers me everytime I holster up before shift and the gun sticks on the way in. And everytime I draw and the gun and holster come into my armpit before it let’s go.

Did I mention I don’t like it?

I can go into my disdain for most of the baton holsters I have tried over the years.

And the new style Safariland Stinger flashlight holders.

And don’t forget about Bianchi’s mag pouches and cuff holsters that sit too low on the belt and bruise the top of my thighs when I sit in the car and peddle my bicycle.

I’m particular about my gear. I’m also not shy to batch and moan about it.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
My 7360 7TS is great. I love it and a lot of coworkers are now rocking it. No issues out of the packaging. Perfect draw stroke, perfect retention, tough as nails.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Haha. Nope. Just really dislike this holster, and so do a lot of the boys. It’s recent enough it still bothers me everytime I holster up before shift and the gun sticks on the way in. And everytime I draw and the gun and holster come into my armpit before it let’s go.

Did I mention I don’t like it?

I can go into my disdain for most of the baton holsters I have tried over the years.

And the new style Safariland Stinger flashlight holders.

And don’t forget about Bianchi’s mag pouches and cuff holsters that sit too low on the belt and bruise the top of my thighs when I sit in the car and peddle my bicycle.

I’m particular about my gear. I’m also not shy to batch and moan about it.
I can sympathize, I'm the same way about my gear.

I had a 6360 for a while, it wasn't bad at all. I jumped to the 7ts,7360,whatever cause I ****ed up my 6360.

Where is the sticking point? I get the slightest bit of resistance right before the ALS engages on re-holstering but it's never be a problem. In fact, the weight of the gun alone is enough to get it locked up.

I found the draw and re-holster is much better with the 7360. Have you tried a lower right belt mount?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can sympathize, I'm the same way about my gear.

I had a 6360 for a while, it wasn't bad at all. I jumped to the 7ts,7360,whatever cause I ****ed up my 6360.

Where is the sticking point? I get the slightest bit of resistance right before the ALS engages on re-holstering but it's never be a problem. In fact, the weight of the gun alone is enough to get it locked up.

I found the draw and re-holster is much better with the 7360. Have you tried a lower right belt mount?
It FEELS like the sticking point is on the sides of the slide but the I can't see any wear marks on the gun at all. I'm honestly not bothered by the drag when I holster the gun, but I'm really annoyed by the friction on my draw. I'm going to try wiping everything down with a silicone rag and just spamming my draw a few hundred times. If it doesn't improve, I'll just order a 6360. Seems like this could be easily resolved by having some kind of retention adjustment screw...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, I think I MIGHT have fixed mine. Back when I first bought it, I switched the belt attachment to a low ride. I decided to switch back to the mid ride before my shift tonight and noticed that the screws that came with the low ride were significantly longer than the old ones (which I'd stored in the new attachments packaging). I attached the mid ride with the old shorter screws and it definitely made a difference. Now my concern is that I'm going to be constantly checking the tension of the attachment because my ocd is going to have me convinced that the holster is going to just fall off my belt... Good times.

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
So, I think I MIGHT have fixed mine. Back when I first bought it, I switched the belt attachment to a low ride. I decided to switch back to the mid ride before my shift tonight and noticed that the screws that came with the low ride were significantly longer than the old ones (which I'd stored in the new attachments packaging). I attached the mid ride with the old shorter screws and it definitely made a difference. Now my concern is that I'm going to be constantly checking the tension of the attachment because my ocd is going to have me convinced that the holster is going to just fall off my belt... Good times.
I would recommend applying some blue loctite to the screws. And checking them for tightness every few weeks.

I’ve never had a Safariland holster fall off, but I have had screws that weren’t loctite’d loosen over time.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
What ever happened to putting it in the oven on 150-175 degrees for a bit?

20 years ago I had to do that with my SSIII and most recently had to do that with another holster to loosen it up just a hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.