close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by maximus1079, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BLau

BLau

I watched my Asian dad pull a gun on our black customers, twice. Neither times were justified. Just a screaming match that got escalated. Both times the customer ran when they saw the gun come out. Oh yea, I'm not a racist.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Because it's a good way to illustrate a narrative so that your readers can better visualize the scene.

It could have just as easily been ...
    "... and pointed it into the face of a white guy that was standing there."
    "... and pointed it into the face of a hispanic guy that was standing there."
    "... and pointed it into the face of a middle eastern guy that was standing there."
    "... and pointed it into the face of an asian guy that was standing there."

But no, he just happened to be black. He was just telling us his story. You totally blew this out of proportion.

3. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

So if I were to tell you true stories of of the times I have been scared for my life or the life of a loved one and related that every time the criminal was black then I'm racist?

I lived in a black neighborhood and went to school there for a few months. I was attacked for being white and threatend so many times. I had to use my dad's gun to scare away a black man who tried to climb through a window.

A black guy broke into my apartment while I was on deployment in the Navy and took a knife from my kitchen and was trying to get to my wife in the bedroom when the police showed up just in time.

A black man tried to carjack my wife. She managed to roll up her window on his arm and drive away. I wish I could have seen that, lol.

I was the only male in a car full of family and we needed gas and got off the interstate in an unfamiliar area. At the first stop sign, our car was surrounded by blacks that were angry that we were in their neighborhood and threatend to kill us. They threw rocks at the car before we drove away.

There are more stories like this that I could relate. When the day comes that the agressor in my story is white then I'll say so. Until then, the truth is that all of the criminals that made me fear for my life or the life of a loved one were black. While I don't see a black man and automatically assume that he's a thug, the fact is that while blacks may be a minority, in my contact with criminals over my lifetime they have certainly been in the majority. It is what it is, and no amount of PC glossing is going to change that.

Your outrage over telling the truth is exactly why the black community is never going to accept responsibility for the majority gun violence committed by a minority and do anything about it. Just this week in my local news there have been two separate shootings of black kids at a house party because someone was disrespected. Should we pretend that this doesn't happen? Why is it that I never read about this happening in white neighborhoods? It is what it is.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  4. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. maximus1079

maximus1079

Sorry, I have the theme from Ghostbusters in my head right now :rofl:

6. maximus1079

maximus1079

I'm actually Italian/Russian but my skin is naturally "olive-colored" and in the summer I am mistaken as Hispanic all the time when I tan. Where I grew up it was so culturally diverse that being "Caucasian" I was actually the minority believe it or not!

7. TK-421

TK-421

Hope this helps.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEfkaYuDHU"]Ghostbuster's Lecture Hall Prank - YouTube[/ame]

8. maximus1079

maximus1079

I was working for a company sub-contracted by Homeland Security and was "laid off" Come to find out they gave my schedule to a fellow who lets just say spoke English as a second language.......go fig. I should have sued :steamed:

9. Averageman

Averageman

I crawled down in to a hole with a loaded 1911, a bayonet and with a grenade in each pocket.
    I wasn't a LEO, but I was grinning from ear to ear when I went in.

10. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

+1. I'm honestly pretty bummed this thread had to be hijacked like this. :crying: .

But I guess its no big deal... all these stories are fake, dont yall know that honest responsible gun owners NEVER stop any crime or act in self defense? :tongueout:

11. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I hurt someone's feelings once. I don't recall whether he was white or black or hispanic though.

12. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

You're a RACIST!

Just let us know when you recall who you offended so we can properly categorize your racism, OK?

:wavey:

13. gregdry

gregdry

Very interesting and heart-stopping stories; I love learning and imagining myself in the same or similar situation. That said, let's please don't use the name of Jesus as a slang/curse word. I assure you, you will regret it one day.

14. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Sowwy :embarassed:

15. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Oh dear god, just when I thought this thread's capacity for stupid had been reached....

16. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

17. chargingzebra

chargingzebra

I live in an apartment complex and was awoken one night at 3 am by yelling, saying "open this f***ing door" ect and pounding. Sounded like it was coming from my neighbor's door and not mine. Fearing for my neighbors life, I walked out with my Glock 27 pointed at the ground in my hand and told the three individuals to please leave, as I had a baby that was trying to sleep. They said they were trying to get back one of their wallets they left in their friend's house. When they saw the gun they were very polite and left after apologizing profusely.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Where's maximus1079 to answer all these new posts?

19. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I thought he was kidding :dunno:

20. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to flood the thread :supergrin:

Never know 'round these parts....