close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any non-LEO's ever had to draw their weapon?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by maximus1079, Nov 28, 2012.

1. maximus1079

maximus1079

I'm sure if the guy had purple skin he would have described him as such. I'm sure there was no racism intended, a LEO would have wanted a description like that as well!

2. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

I've never drawn my pistol, but I did draw my shotgun once. When I was 16, I worked in a grocery store. The manager told me to come in early on Saturday to help with some stocking. When we got into the store, around 6:30, he tells me to turn on the store lights; the switch was back in the produce section. There were those metal doors with the holes in them that you used to see around grocery stores. It was pretty dark back there, and just as I get to the doors, this ghost comes rushing out at me. Adrenaline kicked in and I pushed it back through the doors, turned around and headed for the front. I was trying to yell at the manager that a ghost was coming, but words weren't coming out, only weird sounds. I took a look back, and here comes the "ghost"; he was a guy with a pillow case on his head and he had a little revolver. The manager was already out the door when I got there.

Back in those days, the 70's, it was okay to keep your shotgun in the rack in your truck. Mine was there because we hunted a lot. I ran over, got the gun, put some shells in it, went back to the front door, and I swear, if the ghost had come out, I would have shot. The police got there and assured me I could put down the shotgun. The manager had to assure them that I wasn't the bad guy. They never did find the "ghost", but did find that we were missing a couple of thousand dollars.

The local newspaper ran a story about it and headlined it "Stockboy booed by a ghost". That was the only time i was ready to shoot at a human/ghost.

3. GasTurbine

GasTurbine Porschey Power!

But why?

Im not sure there is any other answer.

Sorta my point. He wasnt giving a description.

4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Well I guess I know who has excessive amounts of white guilt in this thread....

5. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

By giving the skin color he answered all the other questions about color you posited. As for clothes... who knows maybe that detail didn't stick with him. But regardless it was relevant to him, enough so that he posted it. Your posts are fine examples of intolerant political correctness and how it's screwing things up in this nation.

6. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

You picked that up too I see.

7. GasTurbine

And your defense of racism and your view of "intolerance" is the scourge of this once great nation.

8. GasTurbine

How do you know Im white?

9. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

BULL. You apparently don't know what racism is. Describing someone based on their ethnic definitions is not racism, it's describing. I can't give you an example of racism as I don't need the infraction. Pull your head out and get a clue bud. YOU and your kind are part of the problem. Trying to subdue people from FREE speech and using descriptors that are factual and used in a non threatening manner.

Hyphen American is BS and actually create many of the racial issues in our nation. NOT one black person that was born and raised in the United States can claim the are African! Ludicrous and preposterous. They were born Americans on American soil to American parent's. Sure they have an ancestral tie to Africa but that doesn't mean they are Africans.

Ignorant political correctness is out of hand and I am standing up against it. You will not shame people for speaking their truth when they have done nothing but speak their truth and not cause harm to someone else. I am sick of people like you trying to force your guilt on me.

I am not guilty and will not feel shame for being white. And I will not tolerate you or anyone else imposing such guilt upon myself or any other AMERICAN.

10. domesttuner

domesttuner

What's more important is that you seem focused on the fact it was a black guy in the house instead of just a guy. Does it matter the color? Probably not. Does it relate the story better since its included? Yes.

How do you know the OP isn't black. WHY DO YOU CARE???????

ETA: This was directed at GasTurbine.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  11. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Only white people with some guilt complex get up in arms over a harmless statement of a persons skin color. I know a lot of very well educated black folks and they detest being called African-American. They detest all the affirmative action BS. Why is that? Because they see how it only further creates problems and increases racial tensions.

They have told me they are Americans and have no problem with being called black. I mean they are so how is that an affront?

12. PaulMason

PaulMason

Quote:
    [I'm sure there was no racism intended, ]

Get back to us when you are sure.

13. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

The Dems use racial identification in everything from establishing job quotas to granting preferential treatment on government defense contracts. Why suddenly stop when it comes to identifying criminal attackers?

:dunno:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  14. GasTurbine

Not when no description is warranted. He was associating a race with bad/unlawful conduct...thats racism.

You can defend obvious racism anyway you want, it still does not make it racism.

Easily said in a forum where I guess the white population is 99.9%. Coward.

If I were white, I wouldnt either. This is about racism, stereotyping, and labeling.

I dont really care what you will tolerate or not...you have clearly demonstrated what caliber of a person you are, and will not waste my time on hate and ignorance, nor go through life as a miserable antagonist.

Good luck in life.

15. Dinky

Dinky Numpty

16. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Seems kinda racist to require one to label one's self based on racial criteria in order to have a shot at a job with a racial quota in some police departments, or to qualify for a special "minority loan", but when it comes to violent crime suddenly race is supposed to vanish?

Who wrote the rule saying that racial categorization is OK when it comes to qualifying for hand-outs and jobs, but verboten when it comes to describing criminals?

17. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Well, there went the thread.

Let me guess, you think that's racist too, despite the fact that you were the one who stated the "dat's racics'!" hue and cry on the first place.

18. JimP

JimP

Actually it IS relevant: if 13% of the population is responsible for over 60% of the violent crimes, why WOULDN'T it be relevant?? The very fact that the individual was 1) black; and, 2) male; greatly increased the possibility that this may be a violent encounter. Not racist. Not bigoted. Just factual.

excuse the hi-jack. I'll shut up an crawl back into my bunker.

19. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

Well, the ghost in my post was definitely white and so was his pillowcase. Since I'm a white guy, I suppose I'm safe from being labeled a racist.

20. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

You have no clue as to the measure of my character. You have no idea the BS I have had to deal with over the years.

I have already been subject to two discrimination investigations while in the military, all because someone like you cried racism. I and my entire team were investigated... guess what, both cases we all were found innocent and the accusing party was charged.

The investigating officer was of Korean decent, the investigating Senior Chief Petty Officer was of Puerto Rican decent first generation American and the convening body was 65% non white ethnicity of officers and chief petty officers.

You have no grounds to make a character judgment of me.