Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started collecting knives a few months ago and would like to add a good flipper to my small collection. Something with ball bearings, a good action, no thumb studs and a large (3.3 to 4 inch) blade would be ideal. Zero tolerance is what everyone recommends but I am hesitant to spend that much. I might carry it to work a few times to show my friends but otherwise this would be more of safe queen and fidget toy sort of knife. So I could live with a cheaper blade steel as long as it still has a really good action.

Any suggestions? Or should I just wait until I want one bad enough to buy a ZT?

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
CRKT Vizzle or Ruike P801. Both are non-assist flippers. Not sure if the Ruike is on ball bearings but I know the CRKT Vizzle is a ball bearing flipper.

You may also want to look at the Kizer Dukes flipper.......

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

After searching web for suggestions I found a used but like new Buck Marksman on Ebay for $50 less than they sell for new. With an interesting lock, good steel, deep carry clip and ball bearing action it checked a lot of boxes. It was on the high side of my price range but looks like a nice knife. If I hadn't seen it on Ebay I would have bought the CRKT Vizzle azbuckeye suggested.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the Buck in today and really like it. Flips open quickly and reliably and is easy to close one handed too. It is large and has a few sharp edges so I would not want to have it in the same pocket as a phone. But that is not why I bought it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.