close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any "Motor HOmers" Out There?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by locnload, Jun 14, 2004.

1. locnload

locnload

My wife and I rcently purchased a 32 foot Southwind class A. We hope to take sveral short trips around Colorado, and Wyoming in between my rotating work schedule. I'm looking forward to using it for some hunting trips as well. It will be great to have comfortable accomedations about anywhere I go to hunt this fall.

I still have lots of questions about things like winter RVing and particularly about selecting a vehicle to tow behind so we have wheels to run around in when we are parked somewhere. I'm leaning toward a Jeep Cherokee 4 door. It will be a decent car for hunting, touring the mountains, and will also serve part of the time as a back and forth to work car while at home. I'm having trouble getting straight answers about towing a Cherokee with all four wheels down. Do I need a standard transmission or is just putting the transfer case in nuetral with an automatic good enough? Jeep owners manuals are no help, they will not advise you to do anything that could be blammed by any stretch of the imagination for any future failure. Can anyone give me any ideas on where to get straight info on this kind of stuff?

Thanks for any help.;g

2. J. Parker

J. Parker

3. Alexit

Alexit

Try the dinghy towing forum at rv.net

4. vafish

vafish

Second Vote for RV.net

Great RV Forum.