close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Mississippi Glocksters?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lobo, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

Just wondering if I'm the only Glockster from south Mississippi?

2. parboy

parboy 1911 fan

I used to live in South Miss. Grew up in Jackson, graduated from USM in 97, did an internship in Gulfport/Biloxi for a year. I still visit friends in Jackson and Hattiesburg from time to time.

3. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

I am two hours southeast from Jackson. You ought to join us in October in Jackson for the MS Classic state shoot(USPSA/IPSC).

4. parboy

parboy 1911 fan

I might be able to take you up on that. If you have any links to info online would you please post them here? We have a club level IDPA shoot here on the last Sunday of every month. It runs $10 and is open to the public. This month is a full fledged match, but next month will be back to the club level shoot. The website is www.casarange.com if you are interested. Thanks.

5. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

Parboy
    The website for the range in Jackson is www.magnoliarpc.com They don't have any info on the state shoot as of yet on their website. The entry form is supposed to be in the upcoming issue of Front Sight(USPSA/IPSC) magazine. They do have the match hotel set though; Jamison Inn in Pearl, Ms. Have you shot USPSA/IPSC before?
    What divison? What rank? Good to hear from you.

6. parboy

parboy 1911 fan

No, have never shot those formats before. I have only done IDPA at the club level here locally. I am planning on joining IDPA soon though. Thanks again for the invite.

7. valleyz

valleyz Problem Child

Does central MS count;f

8. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

It do indeed. Where 'bout? I'm in Waynesboro.

9. Chaffdb

Chaffdb

Hello Gents,
    I live in Jackson and will be shooting the MS Classic in October. Actually, I am planning on shooting with the RO's and working the match, as I am a member of Magnolia Practical Shooters. We shoot our regular IPSC match on the 1st Sunday in Byram if anyone is interested. I apologize on the slow update of the website. Hopefully some information will be up soon. Entry forms are in the latest issue of Front Sight though. If you would like some information, feel free to email me and I will see what I can do. Incidentally, I no longer shoot a Glock in IPSC competition, though I did for my first year (I know, the sin of sins...)

10. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

Chaffdb
    I will also be shooting the Mississippi state shoot at your club. I shot in '99 & '00 but missed last year; I hear that yall got wet. I already have my room at the match hotel, just waiting for my FRONTSIGHT so I can get my entry form. Glock 21 is what I shoot. Can you tell that I'm excited?! Hope to meet you there!

LOBO

11. Chaffdb

Chaffdb

2000 was my first year, and I shot last year as well. We did get a LOT of rain on Saturday. That, combined with Tornado warnings, etc, forced the first day to be called off. Amazingly, everyone was able to shoot seven stages (the classifier was thrown out because it was under water) and still finish up at a reasonable time Sunday. The ground was a little wet but it really turned out ok. Nevertheless, we're praying for good weather this year! Glad to hear you're excited about it. It should be a good match. I got my Front Sight yesterday so you'll have yours soon I'm sure. Which club matches do you shoot? I shoot Magnolia, Meridian, and Amite, LA (Tangi) pretty regularly. Used to shoot a Glock 21 too. Still have it of course. Great gun.

12. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

Chaffdb
    The only USPSA club match I shoot is in Poplarville which is about 30 miles south of Hattiesburg. I also shoot in Ellisville. It's not USPSA/IPSC affiliated or anything though. Ellisville is laid back and alot of fun! We shoot a cross between IPSC and IDPA. I have shot at Meridian in the past but working on Saturdays now doesn't allow me the time. I think yall are shooting at a different location now than when I last shot. How did you do last year at the state shoot?

13. Chaffdb

Chaffdb

At last, some Mississippi Classic State Match info is up on the website: http://www.magnoliarpc.com/ipsc/stmatch.htm Hopefully more information will be added along the way. I have heard of the matches in Ellisville and Poplarville but haven't gotten down that way yet. Meridian is indeed shooting at a new range. It's located in the industrial park behind the Lockheed-Martin plant. It's really nice. As far as the State Match last year, I had a pretty good match and was able to win C class Limited. I've moved up a couple classes since then though. I'm definitely looking forward to the match. It should be a good one. Email me if I can be of any help. chaffdb@jxn.net

14. Lobo

Lobo Who farted??

Poplarville shoots on the 2nd Sunday of each month. They have a side match after the pistol match. It alternates between rifle,shotgun, and revolver.

Ellisville shoots the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month. The first Sunday is the afore-mentioned pistol match. The 3rd Sunday match is based on what the shooters vote on having. Usually it is .22lr pistol and rifle, concealed carry, or Bianchi Cup. If you would like to come shoot with us let me know. My e-mail is reloader15@aol.com