close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Madden Franchise Tips?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by pellertpale, Jan 4, 2005.

1. pellertpale

pellertpale ReMember

I'm playing it on GC, but I doubt that makes a differecnce in Franchise mode. Any diamonds in the rough for the draft, or owner's box hints? I'm in season five. I haven't found any of my own yet.

2. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

I know a way to make your own players and add them to your roster for CHEAP, and they can be as good or bad as you want, is it 2004 or 2005?

3. pellertpale

pellertpale ReMember

4. RMTactical

Hmmm. Not sure if it would work on 2005, but on 2004 I would make a player but just make him sucky. Then, I would pick him up off waivers for as cheap as I can get him, then go back into where I created him and modify his profile to make him as good as I want.

Kinda cheap but it always seemed to fill the holes in my "rebuilding" positions. ;)

5. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Personally I set a style of offense that I want, and draft to accomodate the system. I don't draft the best available, I draft the best available for my system.

I know that on PS2, you can export draft classes from NCAA 200X to Madden 200X. That would give you a good idea what the capabilities of the players would be.

6. pellertpale

pellertpale ReMember

The draft crowd isn't pleased with me some times, but I do try to pick the best available and/or best for me. Is it better to re-sign players before the end of the season like week 4 or so? Because it seems they are cheaper if you re-sign them before they have 0 yrs. I just trade away my $$$ guys for cheaper guys w/o as much awareness and a couple of draft picks usually a 3 and a 5. They don't trade successive picks most of the time.

7. RMTactical

A lot of times, I also trade away old players that I think will retire soon at the end of the season, after the pro bowl, and get good draft picks... and then the guys retire... most of the time that year but sometimes a year or two later.

8. pellertpale

pellertpale ReMember

I tried the custom crappy free agent thing, but it doesn't work. I try to trade for players with low awareness, and higher ratings in categories relative to their positions. No signing bonuses either I think that's what gives you penalties.