close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Lyft drivers on here?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Detectorist, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

If so, please PM me.

Lyft customers, how did you like it?

2. XDRoX

XDRoX

Never used any of those. I like driving and like the control. I don't like putting my life in someone else's hands. That being said, sounds better than a DUI, so if I ever needed to I would call for one.

If I ever needed an extra job I would certainly look into doing it. I think it would be fun and I consider myself a very good driver.

I think I would make one hell of an Uber or Lyft driver.

huskerbuttons likes this.

3. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
  4. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I've used Lyft a few times. They got me where I needed to go with no issues.

5. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I have a couple friends that drive for Uber. I didn't think Lyft had anything going on around these parts. Are they making inroads now?

6. Taipei Personality

Taipei Personality

I use Lyft routinely - home to airport, airport to hotel, and return, weekly to semi-weekly. I much prefer Lyft to Uber for several reasons: 1. they pay their drivers better, 2. it's much easier to tip from within the app, 3. they do a better job at driver background checks, 4. they do a better job at car inspections, 5. they *seem* to have better business practices, or at least they haven't been caught yet. I have had very good experiences with all of the rides I've taken.

Sharkey likes this.
  7. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus Silver Member

I've used Uber and Lyft. I tip Uber drivers in cash, same with Lyft even though IIRC, their app lets you tip them as well.

I've only had a few Uber drivers that were "meh", none that were really bad. One of the meh guys picked us up from an event, so we were dressed...unusually, and it was around 0330.

We were also stone cold drunk, and he had a homemade gospel CD on repeat at just conversation-destroying volume alllll the way home. I think maybe 30 words were exchanged between all of us, most toward the end when I tried to tell him where to turn off for our house and he snapped, "I HAVE THE GPS".

"Yep, and it will direct you down the street past my hou-...oh-, OK...", as I see my driveway in the rearview mirror. "You can turn around in the cul-de-sac that and head back toward my house that I was trying to tell you to turn into." :ack:

Most of my Uber drivers have been immigrants of some sort; that has led to some fascinating conversations (I hate quiet car rides, despite the voice handicap). An Albanian guy (who haaaated Indian people), Egyptian Coptic Christian (who told me he prays for Muslims even though they slaughter his kind when they can in the ME), South African (an MBA and Chemical Engineering Grad), and a guy from...I want to say Chad, or maybe Liberia, but I don't think that's it. Anyway, he was an economics major and we had an interesting conversation about economics and how they work. Oh, and the one American guy who gave us the full soup-to-nuts details about how he essentially picked and purchased his wife from the Philippines while she was working as a maid here. He had to go through a kind of broker (her boss) and everything. I couldn't wait to get out of the car on that one.

8. XDRoX

XDRoX

I didn't know ysr_racer was an Uber driver.

9. Sharkey

Sharkey

I drive for a private corporation and I am amazed at how many uber and Lyft drivers there are when I make my airport runs. Taxi drivers have t be outraged but hey, it is a brave new world. Of the two, I would use or drive for Lyft over Uber for the reasons Taipei listed and for 2 more - Uber's CEO seems to be a tool and I worked a security gig at an Uber office because their drivers, mostly foreigners from what I saw, we're having issues with the company. One driver was upset he had a four rating and they were trying to tell him it was ok but he could not fathom that. I looked around thinking I wouldn't want these guys driving me anywhere. I would like to think I have become a better driver since taking this job. You definitely have to stay alert and aware in city rush hour traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I've given some thought to doing it on occasion. I have a few days off at a time generally. Not sure about letting strangers in my car.

Detectorist likes this.
  11. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Reckon any passengers would get in my car?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Id like to go for a ride! They are beautiful.

cougar_ml likes this.
  13. fatduk1963

fatduk1963

Me too ! I like dogs more than people !

14. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Hop in! :)

[​IMG]

15. Detectorist

Detectorist

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Would be looking at maximizing my per hour income by just driving during peak times. Additionally, there are some hiring bonuses to be had.

16. Taipei Personality

Taipei Personality

Two other reasons that I prefer Lyft spring to mind: 6) their driver training is better. Drivers have to pass a test to drive for Lyft, not for Uber, and 7) pre-scheduling a ride on Lyft means that a ride becomes available to a driver up to 7 days prior to the ride. With Uber, it's treated just like a regular ride, i.e., it becomes available in a driver's queue just prior to the ride start.

I pre-schedule my rides from home to the airport and, especially if it's an early flight, the 7 days lead time gives Lyft drivers an opportunity to see the upcoming ride and add it to their queue if they will be close to me. There is one driver who lives in my neighborhood who told me that he has seen my pre-scheduled ride days in advance, accepted it, and woke up to take me to the airport then went home and back to bed. He appreciates being able to plan for that one ride.

With Uber, I've had it happen where I've pre-scheduled a ride but the closest driver had to drive from the airport to my home to take me to the airport, all because it didn't become available to their queue ahead of time, so it did not allow them to plan.

NewWaveGuy and Detectorist like this.
  17. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Hey, @Detectorist is Lyft gaining ground in the greater St. Louis area? I haven't heard much about them. I might be interested in this as well. I work a 4 on 4 off work schedule and might like to make a few extra bucks.

18. Detectorist

Detectorist

I don't know. They have St. Louis on their list of active areas. They also seem to have better startup bonuses.

19. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Thanks. I'll check it out. Last I heard, they were still in a fight with the cab commission or whatever they call themselves.

20. BillKillgore

BillKillgore

My female GSD wants to drive also. Fortunately her legs are too short to reach the pedals.

huskerbuttons and Budqweiser like this.