Any "Lost" fans on GT?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by teumessian_fox, Oct 23, 2010.

1. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox

I just finished watching the series courtesy Netflix.

So, they were all already dead and only met in the "church" when they accepted the fact? The island ordeal was them transitioning?

2. boomhower

boomhower

Your opening a big can of worms. It's interpreted differently by different people. The most commonly excepted form is yes, in the church they are all dead. But not at the age shown. Some went on to lead long lives, just once they were all dead they were gathered into the church for a "reunion" before moving on. I think the alternate timeline was their to help them accept things and move on. No, it doesn't make much sense. Essentially it is what you make of it. I really like the show but it left a lot of big questions unanswered, it almost seemed as though they were just making crap up as they went along. I do miss seeing Evangeline Lilly every week.

Here is a long thread at another forum I frequent. That thread gets heated but has some good theories once you sort through the crap.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010

3. mikekjg

mikekjg

No, the island was real. It really happened. Everyone (with the exception of the ones who stayed back, Jack, Hurley, Ben, IIRC) got off the island and lived a life off the island and died at some point after, but they all met at the church to "move on"

Re-watch it you'll see that it's actually pretty clear and Jack's dad pretty much spells it out. Also, Hurley tells Ben he was a great #2 (for however long Hurley fulfilled the role of Jacob). The alternate storyline with Jack and Jack's son was to help him reconcile that he was in fact dead, so that he can go to the church and move on.

Basically what boomhower said.

PS...I too miss Evangeline Lily. She needs to get on another show or something FAST!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  4. Just1More

Just1More

Nobody died. It was just a television show.

5. mikekjg

mikekjg

And so it begins...

6. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox

What? You're saying it's not real?

You're not real, man! (Creed, "The Office")