GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has your experience been with reliability from this pistol? Thinking about picking up a .22LR mouse gun, and this seems like a good option.

But I want it to be reliable, so that I only have to deal with the unreliability of rimfire ammo, not the pistol itself.

Anyone have one and care to share?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I got one as a prize at a shooting match recently. Have about 500 rounds through it so far, with about 6 light strikes and those were with ammo that did not go off on a second try, the first strike showing a more than adequate indentation on the rim, so not the guns fault. I would judge mine as very reliable. Not much to complain about considering it was free.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I got mine at a pawnshop. $250 (it was used.) At the range every shot the safety came on. Fire one... take the safety back off... fire two... take the safety back off... fire three... etc..

BUT called Ruger and they sent me a mailing label. Sent gun back to them and they changed the springs... gun came back and it shoots and shoots and shoots. Outstanding 11 shot .22 pocket gun. NO CHARGE FROM RUGER!!!

Just today on the range (in 40 degree weather) I used the 'new and improved' Remington Golden bullets. At 7+ yards there was a little hand warmer someone stapled to the target holder. I fired 10 rounds. Every shot was well inside the hand warmer!!! No jams no nothing. I'm now gonna order a 'two pack' of spare mags.

If you buy one and have any problems... Ruger stands 100 percent behind them. Mine is now a 'just in case' backup gun while on the street and in the field.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
So you guys had an unreliable gun and sold/gave it to others??? Thanks a bunch...

Instead send it back to Ruger. Call 'em and they will fix it free.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So you guys had an unreliable gun and sold/gave it to others??? Thanks a bunch...

Instead send it back to Ruger. Call 'em and they will fix it free.
Son in law knew the issues I had with it. Light strikes even with good ammo. Not sure what the problem is, since didn’t cost him anything. see the problem??? Fits his hands better too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Then send it back to Ruger... FREE!!! And no more lite strikes!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Wife has one that's been 100% reliable with around 1000 or so rounds through it.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Keltec p32, more reliable centerfire .32acp ammo and weighs less than the LCP II .22LR, even fully loaded.
I don't think the KelTec nor Ruger are, uh, heavy. No big deal. But that P32 doesn't have 11 shot nor real cheep practice ammo (actually the same ammo one carries.)

I can go out and fire 50 rounds of Remington Golden bullets (which is what I use in it all the time) each week (I have a 1400 round bucket of it!) Try that with a .32 or .380, might get kind of expensive.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I don't think the KelTec nor Ruger are, uh, heavy. No big deal. But that P32 doesn't have 11 shot nor real cheep practice ammo (actually the same ammo one carries.)

I can go out and fire 50 rounds of Remington Golden bullets (which is what I use in it all the time) each week (I have a 1400 round bucket of it!) Try that with a .32 or .380, might get kind of expensive.
I practice with a TX22.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
My Ruger LCP II .22 works perfectly. Fires, ejects, cycles.... no problem at all.

Reactions: GlockyQ

·
Wut?
2,331 Posts
Mine hates Federal AutoMatch bulk ammo. It's too weak to fully cycle the slide. I don't hold that against the gun, because my Ruger SR22 and SIG P938-22 both had the exact same problem with that crap.

Beyond that, I had 5 light strikes during the first 450 rounds (all with Mini Mag CPRN 40gr), and 1 more somewhere between round 550 and 600 with Mini Mag JHP 36gr. It now has exactly 900 rounds downrange, and the last 300+ have been flawless, with Mini Mags and Aguila Interceptors.

I like the gun.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,594 Posts
I have one and love it! It has been my favorite “kit gun” that I always take along whenever I go shooting no matter what gun I am shooting mainly.

I experienced some “FTFeed” and “FTExtract” during the initial break-in period, especially with one of the magazines that came with the gun. I sent the bad magazine back to Ruger and they sent me a new one promptly. While I was waiting on the replacement mag, I also polished the tiny feed ramp and other very sharp edges around the chamber with #1000 wet-dry sandpaper.

Now after about 1,500 rounds of various ammo, my LCP-II 22LR has been as reliable as the little gun can be, so long as the ammo goes bang. (In other words, misfire is the only issue I occasionally experience, mostly with Winchester ammo.) Mine seems to work most reliably with high velocity ammo from Federal (i.e., cheap BYOB and value pack ammo) and Aguila, as well as CCI Mini-MAG.

Ruger told me that we can shoot hyper velocity ammo such as CCI Stinger and Velocitor through this gun on a regular basis with no problem. My favorite hyper velocity 22LR ammo is Aguila 40gr Interceptor, and I have not had any reliability issue whatsoever with this ammo, though I have had a few hiccups with Stinger and Velocitor.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Even with people saying they use high or hyper velocity ammo, mine runs great using the large stock of standard velocity target ammo I keep on hand

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
What has your experience been with reliability from this pistol? Thinking about picking up a .22LR mouse gun, and this seems like a good option.

But I want it to be reliable, so that I only have to deal with the unreliability of rimfire ammo, not the pistol itself.

Anyone have one and care to share?
I had one earlier this year. I actually liked it quite well. The slide was very EZ to rack. It was of course light and compact for a pocket. And the pistol itself was fine. Only weak link was the ammo. Rimfire of course isn't as reliable as center fire, even with the 'good' stuff. So the only problems I had were ammo related. As a plinker it would be fine. In the end I passed it on to someone else and stuck with my LCP II in .380 for pocket carry.

·
NRA Life Member
5,541 Posts
Son in law knew the issues I had with it. Light strikes even with good ammo. Not sure what the problem is, since didn’t cost him anything. see the problem??? Fits his hands better too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with that, he can test it for himself. Never know, with a change in ammo or whatever else, it might work better for him. Probably not, but you never know.

Or maybe he will use it as is but only as a range toy. But he’s been informed and can send it back if he chooses.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts