close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Jack Russell Terror owners in here?

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by PistolWhip, Mar 17, 2006.

1. PistolWhip

PistolWhip Ammo Whore

Since I posted pictures of my Jack in the wrong forum, (sorry to mix that into the boxer thread:cool: ) I figured I make a all Jack thread.
    Here's my 1 year old Terror, Paxton. Paxton's days consist of a good mile and a half jog followed by a 40 minutes fence to fence scamper in my half achre yard, then he pretty much bounces off the cealing until he runs himself to sleep sometime after 11:00 pm.;P

[​IMG]

Here he is getting some air;P

[​IMG]

2. PistolWhip

PistolWhip Ammo Whore

Here he is when he finally takes a 10 minute rest.

3. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

PistolWhip your baby Paxton is very cute. There is one thing I noticed in the picture of him taking a rest. You seem to have his doggy tag attached to a training collar(choke chain). You should get a buckle collar for him to wear his ID on. A training collar(choke chain)should only be worn when a person is at the other end of a leash. The reason being it can do exactly what it can be called CHOKE! The rings of the collar can get caught on all kinds of things. I have known of them getting caught on kitchen cabinet doors, bushes, etc., also one dog laid down on a wooden deck the ring slipped through the crack and it was caught, luckily the owner saw that happened got a pair of bolt cutters(not everyone has those on hand) and freed the dog. Some other unlucky ones have chocked their selves to death by jumping over a chain link fence and owner came home to find the dog dangling from the fence. This is a big pet peeve I have but I am willing to bet several others here will agree with me on this issue. I'm not b------- just trying to educate others. Also a short note on the buckle collar you want it loose enough that if he should get it caught on something that he can wiggle his way out of it but not loose enough when he puts his head down to eat or drink that it falls off. If you are worried about identification I would suggest either to tatoo or microchip, I do both as they can loose a collar but not the other two things. Goodluck and I hope this helps.

4. PistolWhip

PistolWhip Ammo Whore

Thanx for the concern. I have long gotten rid of that choker. He used to wear it when I was trying to train him, but I left it on him at all times when I was home with him. When I'd leave, the collar would come off. I left his tag on it because he was a big time runner. If he got out of my yard, I'd have to chase him for hours.
    Now I keep a tag on all his collars just to be safe.
    Once he takes off, he knows that he is doing wrong and thinks that I'm gonna be mad at him, so he runs away from me even more. Luckily, he likes to go to the same houses (they have dogs too) and I can usually corner him in their fence. I don't understand it because I have NEVER hit, or hurt this dog in anyway. The only way he will take off is out of the garage. If he sees that door open, he' off to the races. He won't go out the front door and he won't go out the gate, just the garage door. It baffles me.;Q

5. Apocalypse_Now

Apocalypse_Now Molon Labe

We no longer tattoo our pets. It's too easy to get hepatitus or other nasty disease or infections from tattoos. For the same reason I would never get one myself

6. lexmedic157

lexmedic157 Citizen

This is Abbie, she's 3. Definately all JR's are the same!!

7. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Heart of the Rockies

JR's are awesome dogs!

8. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

Apocalypse_Now I'm sorry if you have had a problem with dogs being tatooed. Our club had tatooed over 1000 dogs over the past 22 yrs. and have never had 1 problem from infections or hepatitus. I am one of 4 in the club that does the tatooing.If you know anything at all about dog tatoos you would know they don't go anywhere the depth of a human tatoo. I like having a tatoo for my dogs because microchips can travel and not everyone has the proper scanner, anyone can read our tatoos and they are registered with a national company.As I stated in an earlier post my dogs have both.

9. trane fan

trane fan

Here's our 12-year-old female JRT whose name is Mazie. BTW, she asked that we use a pic that also lets you see our 4-year-old male Dachshund whose name is Bodie.

[​IMG]