Any issues with Vanguard 2 Holster Overhook Kit for Glock 42/43/48?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Buckshot Barry, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Buckshot Barry

Buckshot Barry

I’ve purchased a Vanguard 2 holster with overhook for my G48. It seems to work great, but curious if it has any issues or a bad reputation. I know not to reholster it while in use. Stock photo.

[​IMG]

2. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

I love mine. And have used then exclusively with my Glocks for years when carrying.

I have two for the double stack models (one snap closure, one with an UltiClip & wing)and one with the overhook for the single stacks. (Along with a gen 1 GearCraft Solo with an UltiClip. Bought it before RCS offered a single stack VanGuard2. If buying new now, I'd just buy all VanGuard2s).

The only downsides are the risk of sweating on the gun's finish and having a two handed reholster. A little practice makes the reholster pretty quick, especially with the overhook model. A couple seconds gets it off your belt on onto the gun, at which point the pistol is safe, then you can stuff it back into your waistband (or a pocket or wherever) at your leisure. IMG_20200927_213345312.jpg

Buckshot Barry likes this.

3. Maccabeus

Maccabeus

This time wearing the actual VanGuard2:

IMG_20200927_215209320.jpg

4. ken grant

ken grant

I have several VG2 's . Over hook , beltloop & lanyards . I like lanyards the best because they come out with the draw and easy to put back on before putting pistol back in pants . I tie them up rather short so very little movement occurs and they come off early when drawing .
    I even managed to put a claw on one of mine with the lanyard .