close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any issues with second gen G-19s?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HAMMERHEAD, Jan 2, 2010.

1. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

I'm looking at a couple second gen G-19s. I love the look and feel of the second gen's. I especially like the parkerized slides, not as slippery or as shiny as the third gen's. I don't like the acc'y rail and can live without the fingergrooves, although they do fit me well.
    My only concerns are reading a few threads back in the day about G-19s not feeding hollowpoints. I know the mags went through several changes. I suppose new mags would fix any issues there.

Should I stick with third gen?

Any input from the G-19 experts out there?

2. internal

internal

My Dec of 89 G19 runs like a top.

I bought it 6 years ago and replaced all the internals due to the upgrade in 1992/1993, felt like it was the prudent thing to do since all the parts appeared to be pre-1992/1993.

I wouldn't be afraid to buy any glock at this point for the right price after replacing those parts and learning the design of the firearm, its just so simple in the way it works and the amount of parts used.

3. conpro

conpro

The only issue i can see is you dont have one.:dunno:

4. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

After owning 20 + Glocks since they came to the states,my Gen 1 17's & my 1989 EL*** Gen 2 G-19 have been at the top of them all. Not one single problem with any of those 3.
    The 2nd gen G-19 is hands down my favorite Glock.I carry it daily and prefer it over my 3rd Gen G-19. Personally the only change to it on my part has been a new recoil spring here & there.
    The majority of my remaining Glocks (12) are 1st & 2nd Gen, can't beat em in my book.

5. CLee0507

CLee0507

I own a July 1993 born 19 and have had no problems with it since I bought it in 2005. The old NFML mags it came with have also worked flawlessly. I replaced all the springs early last year, only because I was unsure of how old they were. Also installed a smooth trigger, ext. slide stop and NY1/3.5 connector setup. I would not hesitate on a gen. 2 purchase.

6. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

I personally think the 1st and early 2nd gen Glocks are the best of the breed(my 1990 G22 runs like a top)
    Uncluttered, known perfomers, and cheap
    My next Glock will probably be a 2nd gen 19 or 23

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  7. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Thanks fellas. I think a second gen G-19 will be my next purchase. they do look so much better than newer ones.