close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Israeli Medics out there?

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Greenglock21, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Greenglock21

Greenglock21

I am interested in inviting someone familiar with EMS or fire in Israel to share their experiences with my department. In particular, I would like to compare how they handle the almost daily mass-casusalty incidents to our system in the States (which is not used nearly as often.)

Stay safe brother and sister firefighters/medics...

2. Victory

Victory

I was actually contemplating volunteering for a summer with MDA before i'm out of college. Be interested in hearing the response you get if any.

3. Greenglock21

Greenglock21

I doesn't appear that anyone is familiar with their system or at least not willing to share information with me. If by chance you have any suggestions, I will be greatful for your input. My interest began when I crossed a website that outlined the experiences that a medic had while he was working over there, and I found it fascinating.

Unfortunately for me the site was several years old by the time I read it and it did not give any information on how to contact the author.

I imagine I can investigate some strictly EMS forums, however I thought I might have some luck with glocktalk. Interestingly, the website I described above mentioned several times that most of their medics are armed. There was even a story about a medic that shot a "terrorist" and then treated him for the gunshot wounds.

It also mentioned that many of their citizens are armed and that many trajedies had been prevented by the lawful use of force against "bad guys."

I'd like to get enough info together to make an interesting presentation for one of our department's training days. Its just proving a little harder than I thought.

Take care, and thanks for responding to my thread.