close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

any input on sub 2000 and glock combo?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G30IWB, Mar 8, 2007.

1. G30IWB

G30IWB

I'm looking into getting a sub 200 and glock as a pair. any input ? 9mm or 40? Right now I'm loking at the G-22 and sub 2000 in 40. But I don't know if that would really be better than 9mm. and just how tough are the little sub carbines? I had a camp-9 for a while and was not impressed with the way it held up.

Thanks

2. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

They're not military grade firearms, but they'll hold up to quite a bit of shooting.

I've shot a few but not extensively (the Keltecs, not the Glocks), and if they made one in .45 I'd probably get one to go with my G30 (You listening Keltec?).

As it is, I'll probably get a Beretta Storm to go with my 92FS since my wife liked the way it felt, and she's seriously accurate with the 92 in single action.

3. G30IWB

G30IWB

Thanks I'm a g-30 fan as well. I would love to have one that took Glock 30 and 21 mags.

4. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I have the 9mm G17 Sub. Nice gun, easy to shoot and 9mm is still sort of cheap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. gsr

gsr

I've had a Sub2k for over three years, and it has held up nicely. It is a very nice companion piece to a Glock. By all means, get one in either caliber, or both.

6. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

I've got a sub2k .40 glock and love it. The stock extension is a good idea. You can go glock 22/23 and have magazine compatibility.

7. rich52us

rich52us

There are 33rd Glock mags available in 9MM:supergrin:

8. Guapo2006

Guapo2006

I've got the Sub2K in 9mm.
    Uses the G17 mags.
    Also fun to shoot with the G18 33 rounders.
    9mm is still fairly cheap.

:supergrin:

9. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

I also have the G17 mag model sub2000. I've had it for four years and bought it well used. I probably shoot it 10 times a year, 50-75 rounds per. It's still running fine.

10. Spartan18BS

Spartan18BS

Has anyone done any "testing" with their Kel Tec to try and gauge the reliability and function of it dirty?
    Can anyone compare it in terms of reliability and function with a High-Point 9mm?

11. archipimp

archipimp

ok well, this is far from scientific... but if I shoot 100+ rounds of dirty ammo... it may start to gum up. I got some ejection irregularities a couple of times when I was really going through some inexpensive target ammo once or twice.
    You can do some field cleaning and get it shooting again. it does NOT like aluminum casings. It has a Hellacious powerful bolt or so it seems to me.

12. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

I have one in 9mm and it has 8-900 rounds of mostly reloads and has never really been cleaned....still running fine!!

Be aware that the 30+ round mags will come apart if dropped just right (once on concrete, once in fine crushed stone) when fully loaded. I had this happen twice...never found the spring either time!! Gun shoots great if you are not a klutz!

13. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

So were these genuine Glock mags or the lower cost Shearer(sp?) mags?

14. G26man

G26man OBEY ME!

I just lined an old briefcase with foam cut for my Sub2K. I also have a G23 that I use for carry and a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. I keep the barrel in this case (that's it down in the lower left). Whenever I shoot the Sub I can drop the 9mm barrel in my G23 (takes 30 seconds) and share mags and ammo between the Sub and Glock. :thumbsup:

15. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I'd make a couple little finger-pry-cutouts around teh gun and other components, it's easier to get to them in a hurry.

16. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

G26 Man,

They are real Glock mags and look like you have in the brief case. They have the "plus 2" base and are almost brand new and came from Midway...I believe. They work fine...just be careful to not drop them.

17. madone

madone

I am thinking about getting one of these to go with my growing 9mm Glock collection.

Since I carry a 19, I was orginally planing on trying to locate a Sub2K in G19, but have read that the 19 version has a very short grip.

Anyone have any input on this? pictures to show the difference?

I also own, 17, 34, and 26..so I have plenty of 17 Mags and aome 33, also. :supergrin:

18. Spartan18BS

Spartan18BS

Dont the 19s and 17s take the same mags?

19. rich52us

rich52us

A G17 mag will fit in a G19, but not the other way around. A mag from a larger model will fit in a smaller model, but stick out the bottom. The shorter mags will not work in a longer grip. :supergrin:

20. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

I had my G17 mag model ready to cut down to G19 mag size since I have about 15 of them and when I saw how short if would be, I changed my mind....the grip is short enough as it comes to fit G17 mags.

It would be handy to be able to use any Glock mag. Maybe I'll do the G26 length when it gets closer to SHTF time....who needs a grip anyway!?