Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot in GSSF indoor matches for a couple of years and the highest I got was a 496. Then I went to a graveyard shift and couldn't participate in the matches for 3 years.

Now I'm back on Swings and off by 11 pm, so started going to the nearest match, about 50 miles away.

Happy to have my first match in 3 years yield a 496 in Unlimited with a G35 and a Timney trigger.

However, I have never gotten the coveted 500. Normally shoot in the high 400's.

There is a guy that shows up at my matches that gets a 500 nearly every time. It's amazing! I think only a couple of guys have gotten the perfect 500 at my range.

Curious as to how many folks here have gotten it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Not too shabby for your first time back. I have a few indoor 500s with my stock G5 17 and most recently my G44. This past year has been rough though. My average has been 494 due to lack of practice. The wheels always fall off at 25. We have a guy that always shoots 500s in every class, and the 250 in pocket. He’s extremely consistent.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,571 Posts
I do it alot. I would guess 4/5 times in stock and 3/5 in unlimited. I have shot it 3/3 times in a few series of matches with stock and unlimited also. That's when I really feel the pressure of everyone watching me is in that 3rd match and I have two 500s in that class going in. This is from a match not long ago. I shot 500 in stock, 500 in unlimited, and 250 pocket.

Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Sleeve

·
Registered
184 Posts
We have several people at my local matches that have gotten 500s. Consistently, there are 2-3 people that can do it at least once every series (in Stock/Rimfire), myself included. I'd like to say I always win, but sometimes Professor309 schools me.

If you count Unlimited, there's probably 5-6 at my local match that can consistently get 500s at least once every series. This is on the easiest setup where you do 5-7-10-15-25 for the distances in that order.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like to think that if you can get 500's, then you are a pretty darn good shot, by any measure.

Which is helpful when someone says they are a good shot, but has never competed against other shooters. When someone says they are a good shot, and follows it up with a 500 club patch, then you know for certain that they are one.

·
Registered
16,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another indoor match today and another failed attempt at a 500. 489 with my G23 stock and a 474 with my G35 unlimited. Was doing great with the G35 until the 25 yard line, then shot a few low and left. Rookie mistake.

Still, got to spend a couple of hours with some great guys and talk about guns and motorcycles.

The two top shooters both shot 500's and it came down to counting X's. 48 for one and 46 for the other. Crazy good shooters!

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
I use to shoot indoors, quit in 09. There was no UL or Pocket guns then and one COF. Had at one time three places to shoot but one was so screwed up they posted scores for four matches in the series when they only had three. The scores for the matches they did have weren’t accurate. GSSF have everyone a prize and never had another match there.
I wanted so bad to get a 500 with a 27 but couldn’t do it. Never got patches or anything for 500s other then mentioned in the results.
i shot with Jim Tripplet the time he got all Xs, GSSF didn’t seem to grasp the significance of that and don’t think other than posting in the results got no other mention.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts