Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for suggestions with a pocket holster for the Glock 23 and/or 30.

The purpose of the holster will be to carry inside the chest/breast pockets of my North Face winter coat.

The coat is thick and bulky, and hangs below the waist; which, makes it extremely difficult to quickly gain access of a gun inside of my waistband. The other pockets (e.g. top load pockets with side zippers the sit at the waist) are not conducive to carrying a pistol in. Plus the chest/breast pockets have a more “ready and fire” advantage as far as timing to getting the gun to eye level is concerned.

I have a couple of Galco Kingtuk IWB that I use for IWB carry. I thought about getting a couple more, but cutting off the belt clips. However, I was hoping that you all could give me additional suggestions before going that route.

Any suggestions will be well respected. I just need a holster that would allow me to carry my Glock 23 and 30 inside the chest/breast pocket of my heavy North Face coat.

Thanks!!!

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Near 2 pounds of near full size pistol is asking a lot of your coat. At the very least you'll need to carry 4 spare mags on the opposite side just to balance things out. I generally dont recommend shoulder holsters or cross draw holsters, but if a normal belt holster wont work, they might be an option.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Near 2 pounds of near full size pistol is asking a lot of your coat. At the very least you'll need to carry 4 spare mags on the opposite side just to balance things out. I generally dont recommend shoulder holsters or cross draw holsters, but if a normal belt holster wont work, they might be an option.
Sorry but a G23 or 30 is not so heavy that it can’t be carried comfortably in the inside breast pocket of a thick heavy winter coat. Unless you have no shoulders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
The same principle applies. Little lightweight guns for little lightweight places.
A gun in the breast pocket of a winter coat is supported by the coat hanging off the shoulders of your upper torso which is pretty solid support. A gun worn on your ankle really isn’t supported by much in comparison so we’re not talking about the same principle as you’ve stated. Not even close. My G30s in my breast pocket of my winter coat is all day long comfortable. My G27 worn on my ankle feels like a brick and makes me walk funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I sometimes carry my G26 (or my G43 ) in my breast pocket of my down jacket (and down vest), it conceals pretty well.

I use a MIC to cover the trigger guard. I attach the lanyard of the MIC to the hole in the zipper loop (back up, I pull the MIC off manually when practicing my draw) with one of those tiny brass barrel nut carabiner looking key chain things.

Works pretty well. My breast pocket is small enough, the G26 (or a G27) is about it.

·
Rottweilers making America great again!
3,800 Posts
Reactions: GicleeOne
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.