Any help with ZA Security Suite problem?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by AlB, Apr 2, 2005.

1. AlB

AlB

When I am on a website and want to download from a link provided on that website, I can't do it with my ZA on. I get sent to a page that says:

"You are not authorized to view this page. You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.1001fonts.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

If I turn off my ZA firewall, then I can access the link and download whatever it is I need, but it seems like this kind of defeats the purpose. I've tried alot of different settings with my firewall and no luck. Also, when I first installed ZA, I didn't have this problem. It was only recently that it started happening. Thanks for any help.

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

It isn't your problem. It is their issue.

The way their page is coded, they have it set up to want extra access to your PC. When you block the ports it would use to access your system, the page disallows your entry.

Either it is trying to read your cookies or it is trying to scan for something else. When it can't, it stops cold.

I would be leery of such a site, myself.

3. mnmark

mnmark

Based on their privacy policy - http://www.1001fonts.com/privacy.html - they appear to be legit.

My guess: they have multiple domains, where the fonts are stored at 1001fonts.com, and the login information is stored at 1k1fonts.com, or something similar (a partner site, for example). Then, when the domain the page is hosted on calls for a different domain's cookie, ZA freaks out and prevents that data from 'leaking' out where it shouldn't be going.

Does your ZA log this as an attack? It might pay off to see if ZA intercepted a request, to determine if you have to open up their site as 'trusted'.

4. greenlead

greenlead

This is a server-side issue, that error page is generated by the webserver. There is nothing you can do about it.

Check to make sure you are using a link they provided; you may simply be trying to access a folder that you don't have read permission for.