Any gun owners in MN see this?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SpitFyRRe, Feb 1, 2013.

1. SpitFyRRe

SpitFyRRe Bang Bang

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bin/bldbill.php?bill=H0241.0.html&session=ls88

Am I to assume that this: 3.1(iv) a shroud attached to the barrel, or that partially or completely encircles the barrel, allowing the bearer to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned, but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel; means that they are calling hunting rifles "assault weapons"?

I was always under the impression MN's current gun laws were just fine, in fact, one of the better ways of doing things versus other states so to see this bill being brought to anyone's attention surprises me.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Isn't MN the one looking into raising a whopping $30mil with a "snowbird tax"???? :rofl:

"No, no. Move permanently to Florida. Or just slide over into Wisconsin. Our goal is to piss off people that spend their summer $ here."

3. SpitFyRRe

SpitFyRRe Bang Bang

Hey man, I said gun laws, lol. This state is a**backwards on everything else, haha. Until I have lived in MN longer than WI, I will be a Wisconsinite. It was a sad day when I had to switch my DL over here.

4. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

Holy Crap!! That's a pretty strict law being proposed! They want people that own "assault weapons" to have to register them, get a NEW background check, and do both of those things ANNUALLY. Also, store properly and allow the local PD or Sheriff access to their home to 'inspect' to comply that they are storing their "assault weapons" properly, on demand.....

5. SpitFyRRe

SpitFyRRe Bang Bang

Sure, when you say it all rationally like that, lol. After re-reading the purposed bill, I'm still more surprised at the amount of guns they are putting on the "assault weapon" band wagon. I hate that term.

6. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

I too noticed they were jumping on the assault weapon bandwagon. The only thing in that whole section that made any sense was in the Restricted Persons section, where they replaced 'military style semi-automatic rifle or handgun' with the word 'firearm'. I would agree that violent felons SHOULD be restricted from owning ALL firearms.

7. SpitFyRRe

SpitFyRRe Bang Bang

I agree with that as well, violent felons should not be allowed to have firearms.

My main problem with this bill is that it keeps making current gun owners jump through more hoops to own their firearms when it's not the law abiding citizens that are the problem. No matter how hard you make it for people to get guns, criminals will always get them. In Mexico, it was our government that helped ARM the criminals (Fast and Furious)! I fail to see how this is such a lost concept on our government. Maybe they've been out of touch with reality for way too long.

8. glock1911revolver

glock1911revolver Vice-Emperor

If you hunt with a semi-auto rifle, then it seems like the state is trying to call it a "assault weapon."

I see this was introduced by DFLers, all but one from the MPS/STP metro (other one from Duluth). So I give it about a zero percent chance of passing. But if it does, I will move to South Dakota. I'm not joking. The liberal BS coming out of St. Paul has been making me sick to my stomach for years.

9. fjrdc

fjrdc

The MOONBATS have taken power! they know what's good for you.
    DO NOT knuckle under and allow the lemmings to push us over the edge.
    Contact your reps and let them know your displeasure.:steamed:

10. sawgrass

sawgrass

There are three days of hearings scheduled for next week.
    Our Commander in Chief is even paying MN a visit.

A lot of threads on MN gun forums.

Also check out: http://www.mnccrn.org/

Some of the proposals are more severe than NY.
    MN has a Democratic House and Senate.

Time to let your voice be heard!