GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
I think plp is a pretty active brass guy. Trumpet, if I remember correctly.
Trumpet, cornet and flugelhorn. Don't know if active is the correct term, involved is probably closer. Have said before, you can sling a dead cat on a string, and hit 5 better trumpet players than me.

Having said that, am going on year 8 with a steady gig, in a 15 piece rock and roll band.

I'm not in the video, but am playing lead trumpet on this one.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Reactions: G19Tony

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
I won't say good. But I enjoy it. :music:
Ain't it the truth, Ruth?

The only reason we do it. There is just something about playing in front of a live audience, doesn't matter if it is 15 or 1500, that just charges the batteries.

My usual gig consists of getting showered, dressed, gathering up my horn kit and the night's uniform, may range from scrubs to a tuxedo, depending on the contract. Drive an hour, pick up the band trailer, drive to the gig. Unload, spend an hour on setup, then sound check.

Then the worst part, the 30-45 minutes from sound check to performance. That is where all the gremlins reside, all the self doubt, all the recriminations about the time I didn't spend practicing last week, am I ready, am I focused, what about that 4 measures in the 8th song in the 3rd set, can I pull it off????

Then we get into the first song, and it all just goes by in a blur. So focused on getting it right, is over before you know it.

Then an hour breaking everything down, and packing up. During the summer, go through 3 shirts setting up, playing, and breaking down, and am still drenched in sweat driving home.

Take the trailer back, drop it off, and still an hour's drive home.

When I'm 20 minutes away from the house, have the mix CD qued up, Bob Segar's 'Turn The Page' and Jackson Brown's 'Roadie Blues'.

Reactions: G19Tony
21 - 25 of 25 Posts