Any good Glock gunsmiths in Des Moines area?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by bababoris, Dec 6, 2018.

1. bababoris

bababoris

Need some input on tuning a G17 and was hoping to talk to a smith in person. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Not in Iowa, but a Glock advanced armorer who sees better than 1,000 pistols a year on his bench; what sort of "tuning" are you looking to do?

Glocks are very simple pistols, tuning for most people essentially means just swapping some parts for aftermarket (which is not always a good thing).....Unlike 1911s and classic revolvers, the Glock pistols don't really have much in the way of tuning that can be done, and almost nothing that cannot be done by the user.....

bababoris, apmcdaniel and Bus007 like this.

3. bababoris

bababoris

I posted my issue in firearms section and got some feedback but not magic bullet.
    At a high level I have two Polymer80 finished firearms. One G17 and one G35. Both have a Zev Fulcrum adjustable trigger kit. Both have stock uppers except G17 has a blacklist barrel. Here is what I am trying to solve.
    G35 has a easy, smooth trigger pull. It’s really nice. The G17 pull is really hard compared to the 35. When I swap slides, the trigger pull issue moves with the G17 slide. I even replaced the safety plunger and spring in the g17 upper and it has made no difference. I was hoping a Glock smith could help me figure out what components in the G17 are causing the trigger pull to suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bachman44

bachman44

Go talk to the guys at JTs. I don't get that way often but whenever I go in there they have been helpful.

bababoris likes this.