Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Add another hundred or so and get a MAK 90 in excellent/like new shape. Nothing else in that price range comes close.
But for $450 I could build a nice AR on top of one of my lowers. But I like the AK much more so that's why I'm looking to spend the money there.

I did see classic has the single stack ones for $299... :whistling:

-Emt1581

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And you will have numerous "light primer strikes" unless you upgrade your
lower receiver's hammer spring to an extra power. Then you get a crappy trigger.
What are you talking about? I've built them before and never had this problem... :dunno:

The Yugo underfolder is a gun I've always had my eye on but I wouldn't buy them in any quantity...just one. And right now AIM seems to be the only company that has them.

Thoughts on the Yugo's??

Thanks!

-Emt1581

·
Premium Member
42,437 Posts
ChiCom ammo have rather HARD AZZ primers.
Use it with a standard hammer spring and you can have many light primer strikes.
This drove me away from a x39 upper. Tried a Mini 30, same deal. Light
primer strikes, fix for the Ruger was also extra power spring. However, those
CAN crack a Mini 30 firing pin.

So,.......Norinco Mak 90 for me.

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ChiCom ammo have rather HARD AZZ primers.
Use it with a standard hammer spring and you can have many light primer strikes.
This drove me away from a x39 upper. Tried a Mini 30, same deal. Light
primer strikes, fix for the Ruger was also extra power spring. However, those
CAN crack a Mini 30 firing pin.

So,.......Norinco Mak 90 for me.
Ohhh so you were talking about a x39 upper. I meant a .223.

So a MAK 90 again...who has them for the best price?

Any thoughts on the Yugos?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

·
Premium Member
42,437 Posts
Ohhh so you were talking about a x39 upper. I meant a .223.
-Oops, guess I missed that, my apologies
So a MAK 90 again...who has them for the best price?
-I found a MINT one here, all original, for a good price.

Any thoughts on the Yugos?
-None,......many of the "kit Ak47's" have crap receivers. The more I read the better a Norinco sounded.
The Mak will get a standard PolyTec stock soon.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Replies in red

·
AK Fanatic
2,883 Posts
OP, you're looking in the WASR range price-wise, but you'll still come up short. If you don't mind buying used, I'd strongly suggest getting a MAK-90, but you'll still have to search high and low for a good price. Be patient, know how much something is worth and be ready with cash to jump on a deal. A few months ago, I bought a milled Bulgarian in new condition for $500. Two years ago, I bought a MAK in perfect condition with about 10 extra mags and 1200 rounds of ammo for $500. The deals are out there.

As for your question on the Yugo AKs, they are excellent values.

Don't forget ad prices are negotiable and sellers start high, you go low.

·
Curious Member
19,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OP, you're looking in the WASR range price-wise, but you'll still come up short. If you don't mind buying used, I'd strongly suggest getting a MAK-90, but you'll still have to search high and low for a good price. Be patient, know how much something is worth and be ready with cash to jump on a deal. A few months ago, I bought a milled Bulgarian in new condition for $500. Two years ago, I bought a MAK in perfect condition with about 10 extra mags and 1200 rounds of ammo for $500. The deals are out there.

As for your question on the Yugo AKs, they are excellent values.

Don't forget ad prices are negotiable and sellers start high, you go low.
Yeah, the Yugo is something I've always wanted because they seem like a beefier AK. Chrome lined to I think.

That is an awesome deal you got but I haven't seen any like that in more than a few years!!

Thanks!

-Emt1581

·
Rational
17,331 Posts
I have a WASR; it's done me well. A couple of minor problems when I first bought the rifle; it needed breaking in, but those pretty much went away, with the few exceptions of a light-primer-strike when using Wolf Ammo. But that only occures once or twice every 250 rounds or so (if ever). I just asked Santa (mom) for 500 rounds of Bear 7.62 FMJ; hopefully, that will change the light-primer-strikes.

Let us know what you choose man. Good luck.

PS: To fix mag-wobble, should you decide to go with a Romanian, buy Polymer Magazines. I have 2 Bulgarian Waffles (30 round and 40 round) and a Tapco (30 round), along with the 3 tin mags it came with.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Yeah, the Yugo is something I've always wanted because they seem like a beefier AK. Chrome lined to I think.

That is an awesome deal you got but I haven't seen any like that in more than a few years!!

Thanks!

-Emt1581
"Beefier" or not, they are not chrome lined. If they were I would have had one long ago.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.