Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 Chevy Suburban 2 ago. I went to a school for 30 months TDY and my wife told me during a phone conversation that the R/F window does not work anymore. She stated she had my oldest, who was sitting in the vehicle unlock the door with the switch and she, not paying attention talking on the phone started pulling on the handle at the same time. Afterwards, the R/F window stopped working.:dunno:

The main switch on the drivers door does not work it but I do hear a click coming from the R/F window when I operate the switch. The switch on the R/F door also does not work it, but I do not hear a click at all. So far, all fuses look good. Still can not find the relays for the power windows. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You probably need a new power window regulator for your R/F window. I had one go out on my Grand Prix, it made a loud popping sound. If that's the case, just take off the R/F door panel and the regulator will be there. Pretty easy install, dealerships charge around 4-$500 to do this. If this is the case, buy the part and do it yourself, should be simple.

Take off your door panel to begin with, it will make it easier to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yeah, I have a 03 Avalanche and the right front window motor is also out. Haven't got around to replacing it yet..

I did price 'em though. Bout 60 bucks on ebay. It's a pretty easy install as stated before. I know this because I had a 01 Chevy that I converted from manual to electric windows. If I can do that, I figure I can replace just the motor pretty quick..

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Disconnect the wiring harness as the motor, then, using a digital multimeter, check for voltage at rest, switch up/down from master switch, and switch up/down at RF door switch. If all voltages are correct, then replace the motor (or motor/regulator assembly).

·
100% Infidel
2,490 Posts
Have someone work the switch while you beat the snot out of the inside door panel. A lot of time this will free the stuck motor.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have someone work the switch while you beat the snot out of the inside door panel. A lot of time this will free the stuck motor.

Possibly the best reply so far.:cool:

Thanks for the responses, found out it is the R/F motor. Just havent had the time to mess with it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts