close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Glock 35 love?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 40frank, Apr 15, 2012.

1. 40frank

40frank

I am thinking about buying a G35 Gen 4. Would like to hear from people who have either the gen 3 of 4. (It doesn't matter much to me, I want the Gen 4 but will buy the Gen 3 if that is all I can find.) I am mainly interested in what you like or don't like about it.

I am starting to think that the 35 may be a good addition to my .40 Glock collection. Thanks in advance for your input. Frank.

2. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded

Using my FDE frame from my G17. Love my Gen 4 35.

[​IMG]

3. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I have had a G35 since they first came out (don't remember the year), I use it mainly for competion at the local range. I did put a MMC adjustable rear sight and painted the stock front sight dot orange otherwise stock. Very accurate nice handling Glock. Highly recommend them.

4. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Glockalfeliac

I got a G24C in 1998, always loved the gun. I got a G35 in 2006 and wasn't that excited about it compared to the G24C due to my dislike of Gen 3 frames with their useless finger grooves at the time. In 2008 I started shooting 9mm Gen 3 Glocks and got used to the frame. In 2011 I got a G35 OD, it is one of my favorites now. I will get a G35 Gen 4 at some point to see how they do with the new RSA. I may wait until I get my GSSF coupon in 2013.

5. PM720

PM720

I love mine. I have made it multi purpose with 9mm & .357sig barrels and a G22 upper!

Scott

6. rilkil23

rilkil23

I really like my gen3. Bought it used a month ago and its a fun range gun. Mine was built in 2002 and is still factory original. Now I need more magazines since it only came with two ten rounders.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. bcj128

bcj128

I have had both the Gen 3 and 4 models. I still have the Gen 4 G35 and carry it daily as my duty gun. It is the best shooting .40 S&W out there in my humble opinion. Tames the snappy .40, is accurate, and is just a pleasure to shoot.

The only thing I would change is get a good set of sights, such as Warren Tacticals, etc.

Have fun, they are outstanding pistols.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  8. tacops5372

tacops5372

Kicking myself for selling mine. No issues or concerns whatsoever!!!

9. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

I ran a Gen4 35 for almost a year in USPSA Limited. It ran flawlessly. I have since swapped to a Gen4 22 because I can transition it faster.

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:cool:, Nice, the G35 is a great .40 S&W gun now it just depends if you want the Gen 3 or 4, have you shot or at least picked up both to feel the differences and see which one you like better. I like the shorter grip and texture in the Gen 4 better but Im not digging the mag release.

:50cal:

11. Glock40man

Glock40man

I'm a fan of the G35. I have an early Gen 3, I'll never part with it.

12. thedave8

thedave8

hell yeah.......love mine,gen 3....flawless!!!!!!!!!!

13. chrisbritt15

chrisbritt15

ive got a gen 3 35 and have sent thousand and thousands of rounds through it with no problems, i love it.

14. bac1023

bac1023

I'm not much of a 40S&W fan.

I do like the 9mm G34.

15. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Just put 300 rounds through mine a couple hours ago. Up to 750 now. After 1k I'll write a full review but so far so good. 0 failures and accurate as any gun--no complaints.
    [​IMG]

16. twisty

twisty

I have a gen 3 and it is one of my favorites to shoot. The balance and pointability of the gun are just great. The only thing that I would like to change about mine is the extended mag release that came on it. To me (and your opinion may vary) the extended mag release sticks out too far and is not comfortable for me in that it pokes and rubs on the palm of my support hand. A standard one would be my preference, but to each his own. Great gun though!

17. wchamilton

wchamilton

I carry a gen 3 35 od frame daily on the ranch. I used to carry a 23 and loved the way that the shorter barrel and lighter weight let me forget I had it on until I needed it. But, I could never shoot that little pistol like I can the 35 and that makes up for a lot.
    This pistol has accounted for numerous coons, several coyotes, a buzzard or two and even a badger. I have yet to poke a hole in a hog with it yet but I have no doubt that it will get the chance soon enough.
    Its never jammed, never failed to fire and this is despite th fact that it gets treated about like any other tool on the ranch. It gets dusty and dirty and seldom ever cleaned and it just keeps on working and hitting what I point it at.
    I have faith in it, and I don't ever have to worry about it, I can't say more except that if I lost it today I would buy another one tomorrow.
    I

18. venenoindy

venenoindy

Would love to have a G35 gen4 myself!

19. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

I have a G35 and its a tack driver. Gen 3. I plan on doing some customizing to compete with it. In some ways I wish I had gotten the 34 for the cheaper ammo but I love the fact that it is compatible with my G23 for mags.

I dint get a 34 because they were harder to find. Be aware though if you plan on accessorizing, a lot of stuff out there from reputable manufacturers are only available for Gen 3. Just something to keep in mind. YMMV.

20. FTjoe

FTjoe

i'm not a 40S&W fan either, but bought a stock G35 G3 from a friend who was selling it cheap ($400). fired 300 rounds through it and now i am a big fan!!! i really didn't want to get into another caliber (i have lots of 45cal & 9mm stocked), but it shoots so sweet!!! i'll look for a 9mm barrel for it and have a multi-purpose tool! but even without the 9mm barrel, i'll start buying 40S&W to take her to the range every time.