Any Glock 23 owners with accuracy complaints?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Deputy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

We've all heard/seen the numerous complaints and "solutions" for folks with Glock 19 accuracy problems. Don't really want to get into that. I am asking if any Glock 23 owners have had similar problems? :supergrin:

2. Jakestir

Jakestir

Mine shoots dead on as long as I do my part.

brtarr, Wizzz, mc1911 and 5 others like this.

3. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

So no low/left problems with your Glock 23?

4. sugerwater

sugerwater

Of all the Glocks I've owned, my G23 gen3 is the most accurate.

Faulkner, glock1097, mc1911 and 2 others like this.
  5. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

I've been looking in the archives and I can't find one (so far) complaint of the Glock 23 shooting low/left. Very strange, as the Glock 23 is pretty much identical to the Glock 19, except for the obvious differences, and a different trigger housing. I have a Glock 19 that shoots low/left. Second time I've owned one with identical problem. I have Glock 17, 26, 30, and two 22s (one is an LEO trade-in) that are dead-on accurate and tear the heck out of the center of a target. Now maybe I am allergic to the number 19, I dunno. But I am seriously thinking of converting my 19 to a 23. I really like .40S&W. I don't experience the "snappy recoil" that some complain about. Yes, it is more than a 9MM. But not like it is a .44 magnum. All I would need is a complete upper and a new trigger housing. Just wondered if any Glock 23 owners had that weird low/left situation.

MFC4 and treg like this.
  6. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

My low/left problem is more pronounced with 9mm Glocks. 40 sw flies almost true and straight for me.

Deputy likes this.
  7. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

Both of mine are spot on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boot Stomper likes this.
  8. GRR

GRR

Don't know about the archives, but, yeah there are. I shot my first 23 low/right for a while (left handed) before I got the hang of it. The 23 is no more or less susceptible to jerking the trigger than any other Glock.

gatorboy and hannstv like this.
  9. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

No, strangely I shoot several of my .40 chambered gun’s better than their 9mm twins. I can’t explain that. I don’t know why. And I still prefer the 9 over the 40.

10. Jakestir

Jakestir

I did when I first started shooting, my g23 was my first “real” hand gun, but that was purely on me. Once i started using the proper technique and got some training it hits point of aim. At least out to 15 or 20 yards anyway. I almost never shoot pistols farther then that so it works for me.

texas 48 likes this.
  11. DiverSpear

DiverSpear Will work for primers

I carry a 23 and it was my first Glock and I don't have any issues now. I did go through the learning curve coming from a 1911 platform but now all of my Glocks shoot true and I have a decent selection, G23, G34, G35 and G40MOS. Just can't get excited about the 357sig round but that's me.

12. 153

I've had low left issues with all my Glocks. But when I concentrate on trigger control it vanishes. I also found that with my 43, low/left was mitigated with a longer grip afforded by magazine extensions. But on a full size handle like the 23, that's not an issue.

I find the the .40 caliber 23 uncomfortable to shoot. It's odd because I have both the 26/27 and can't tell the difference shooting them. FWIW, I doubt that a caliber switch is going to change your low/left issues.

13. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

Except...I have no low/left issues with any other Glocks I own or have owned. Only the 19. That seems rather odd to me. Not like the 19 is a radical change from the 17.

And how ya doin' Brad? :supergrin: I hit the magic 69 last week. Old geezer to the max.

153 likes this.
  14. roundball

roundball This is the set-up for reloading

For me, if my rounds fall low to the left it's about me anticipating recoil. I don't buy into the muzzle flip. It all has to do with my willingness to go out and practice. Out of the goodness of my heart I'll give those muzzle flipping low left shooting turkeys a good home. It would be good if you could send along the holster.

15. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

Except...it also happens firing off a sandbag rest on a bench. Hmmmmm.

16. cciman

cciman MacGyver

Then it is much more likely to be the gun....but still could be you. Have several others (experienced shooters) fire groups off the benchrest using same sight picture-- (don't tell them why you are doing it, or that you are getting low-lefts, so you don't bias them)

Just because it does not happen with other guns means nothing- every gun is different - like clutches in manual trannys-- every car feels different. There may be elements of this gun that exposes the weakness in your technique (or the others are compensating-- ie. shooting right for other better shooters).

Do some testing off the sandbags with the other guns you mentioned, just for data.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  17. cciman

cciman MacGyver

http://www.targetshooting.ca/docs/grp-analysis.pdf

Pay attention to groups, not individual shots.

Just because you have been shooting all your life, does not mean you know what you are doing, and don't have terrible habits...spending some $$ to get some professional coaching makes a world of diff-- no diff than golf, racecar driving, tennis, or guitar. You cannot learn it off internet advice.

Instymp and ExecutiveWill like this.
  18. Trgtguy

Trgtguy

In looking for good loads in 40 S&W, I 've had good groups from Fed. 165 HST. in the 23 gen 3 . Also had good groups from Sig Elite 180 Gr. JHP.

Deputy likes this.
  19. Deputy

Deputy Millennium Member

LOL...that really doesn't make any sense. Like saying to Jerry Miculek just because you have been doing that all your life, doesn't mean you know what you are doing. Not comparing myself to him, but your statement sounds kinda silly when you let fly with a generaliztion like that.
    Professional coaching. 3 years in the Army. Tour in Vietnam. Assigned to Ft. Lewis Handgun Marksmanship Team after Nam. 22 years with Cook County Sheriff Dept and never scored lower than Master in requals. See, making a generalization like that is risky business. You really don't know how a skilled I am. And you give advice and then say I cannot learn from internet advice. Are you just pulling my leg or what? :animlol:

20. roundball

roundball This is the set-up for reloading

Do you have trouble with your Glock23 shooting low left? Get an inside an inside belt holster for your sandbag. I stand by what I say. Shoot more.