close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Funny Stories that are Gun-related?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Valor1, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I spoke to this one guy who responded to my ad. He told me that he is selling his Imbel 1911 because 1911's are going to be phased out. He told me also that 1911's will be more expensive. I almost died laughing because why sell the pistol when you know it's gonna be more expensive in the future. I told him about HK's and Sig's move on producing 1911's and he told me their trying to go with the mode of making money out of soon to be obsolete equipment. Anyway, for the lighter side, share your funny stories regarding guns.

2. riddler

riddler

there was this guy who was selling his mak-90 with collapsible stock and would swear that his rifle is completely legal.;f ;f

3. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

We were having a high school class party at a classmate's house one night, and I was pretty bored with the conversation. It so happened that airsoft-type replica pistols were in vogue then, and I had a replica of a Ruger Mark II on me that fired plastic pellets.

Being bored out of my wits, I took aim at a lightbulb that was over 10 meters away, being quite confident that I couldn't make such a long shot. Whaddaya know, I hit the bulb and felt more embarrassed than I ever did in my whole life ;Q

Since then, I've been dead serious about guns, be they toys, airguns or firearms.

4. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

I remembered the airsoft guns. I once saw my lady office mate reading a newspaper. i always have this spring powered Taiwan made airsoft on my desk drawer for relieving stress. I took an aim on the newspaper she was reading and I didn't know it will go through. She was surprised because it broke the button on her blouse. Bullseye. She doesn't know if she'll get mad or cry because she ended up with a plunging neckline. I brought home the pesky pistol home that night.

5. bass one

bass one

You hit it right on the button...literally!;f

6. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Talk about your heat-seeking projectiles ;P ;f

That's why even at this young age, I'm drilling the 4 rules of gun safety into my kids. Can't have them breaking any light bulbs or shooting off blouse buttons or what not.

7. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Ala-James Bond yung skill mo, ah! Paturo naman!

I can remember my childhood days shooting my Taiwan-made KHC(?) two-toned Beretta at empty cassette tapes strategically placed inside my bedroom. Instant reactionary targets-- now what could be more fun for a kid starting to learn marksmanship on reactionary targets. Unfortunately, the cases crack too easily to slivers of plastic after several hits. Mom wasn't too happy when she found out.

8. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

As much as I wanted to, I cannot repeat the performance. I'll try it on zippers the next time.:cool:

9. jmy

jmy Still Alive Lifetime Member

When I was 7-8 years old,my godfather gifted me with a pellet gun.Well I shot my uncle,the youngest brother of my mom and who wasn't much older than me.In fact,when I visited him during my trip to the U.S.A. a couple of months ago,he showed me the scar on his back.For your information,he is an ex-U.S. Marine.

jmy

10. FAlvar

FAlvar I love Iya

One Saturday morning while driving to a local match I had to stop at a gas station. I forgot that I was already wearing a holster and mag holders. Got some wide eyed looks from the folks at the gas station as I walked from my car to the clerk's. Well what else was there to do? I just pretended nothing was amiss, like I was some LEO, then I did my best Sam Fisher as I handed the clerk my money and said "Pump number 6". Pumped my gas, got my change and drove away.

Thank goodness I didn't chance upon an LEO. How would I explain 300 rounds of 45 ACP and an AR15?

11. deenoh

deenoh

We live near the river and my brother's room faces that river. One morning he heard the sound of small stones hitting his window. When he peered out, there were two kids in a boat trying to act innocent and giggling at the same time. He asked if they were throwing stones at his window and the kids pretended not to hear him. My brother, very pissed at the two boys, went into my room and took my old Armscor air gun, which had run out of air a long time ako, from the wall and went back to his window and shouted at the kids, "Mga put@#g ina kayo, ayaw niyo ako tigilan ah." Then he aimed the rifle at them. The two boys were so startled they started paddling furiously just to get as far away as they can from my brother.

Never heard any stones hitting his windows after that.

12. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

It was just me shooting, indoor range, the other customers having finished and just watching. The veteran shooters kept laughing their butts off at this new kid with his .380 peashooter, walking down- and uprange each time to hang up fresh cardboard silhouettes.

I'd never heard of motorized target carriers 'til then.
    I'd thought that was a light switch or buzzer beside me.

;J ;J ;J

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

now that is funny;u ;i

14. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

One of the first times I loaded a magazine manually, I put the cartridges in backwards (nose first). Well, two or three cartridges would actually get in there- as I was doing it, backwards - then when I tried the next one all of them would jump out. Unfortunately, somebody was watching. He just let me do it, didn't say a word, the ******* (my friend). After doing this twice I realized which side of the cartridge has to go in first. Very embarrassing. (Actually, there is that thing sticking out horizontally at the bottom of a magazine, and it seemed to me that it should logically point towards the back of the gun- but actually it points forward- so I put the cartridges in facing the wrong way.)

15. bulm540

bulm540

IPSC match, speed shoot, up close and personal. Course required you to reload when changing arrays. I inserted the mag backwards in my haste. ;g