close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Any FFL in SoCal have reasonable transfer charge ?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by FloridaG31, May 2, 2003.

1. FloridaG31

FloridaG31 Humble Glocker

Trying to find an FFL dealer in SoCal that will do a pistol transfer for a reasonable fee.

I tried Gunbroker and most of the contact info was out of date. The one I was able to contact wanted $50! I guess I'm too cheap :)

Anyone got a connection ?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

;c ;c ;c

2. SanduneCC

SanduneCC Senior Member

Chritian Doomanis in Burbank. He has a real job at this office during the day. The FFL is his afterhour gig, so be cool when you contact him. He's the last of this kind in LA - be thankful.

http://www.cdfirearms.com

3. FloridaG31

Dang, he charges even more.. $40 + $20 DROS. $60....

Maybe I'm kidding myself..

4. SanduneCC

SanduneCC Senior Member

He was charging $20 before but I always paid him $40 anyway (because I feel that's how much it's worth). If he's at $40 now then we're even money. $20 DROS is mandatory, that doesn't count.

You're still saving a bundle from gun store markup plus taxes.

5. Uzzirider

Uzzirider

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=153888

You think YOU got it bad...

New fees include the $25 Handgun Safety Certificate (new as of Jan 1, 2003) that replaces the old $25 Basic Firearms Safety Certificate that you bought last year, under the guise of it being a "lifetime" certificate.

Expect the dealer to bend you over, there are no two ways around it. Check out the CD Firearms guy. It's good to support the little guys, because they won't be around much longer.

You could also try Redstar Military Museum in Cluver City, or Crown City Pawn in Old Town Pasadena.

6. jetrecbn1

jetrecbn1

Unique pawnbroker near the 8 and 805 bypass. I was charged a flat $10 transfer fee about 2 years ago. Hope to be back in America's finest city for block leave.

7. FloridaG31

I think I may use him after all. I noticed that he will do a transfer for $40 if you're an NRA member. That's very, very fair.

At least I'm exempt from that stupid Handgun Safety Certificate thing.. One thing to be happy for I guess.

Thanks for your ideas !

;c :) ;c

8. Dump1567

Dump1567

GO HERE:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?postid=507346#post507346

Ade's Gun Shop
    225 So. Tustin Ave.
    Orange, CA 92866
    (714) 744-3373
    Ade De Blasio

Ade is a great guy and shares this shop with a coin dealer. He charges $25.00 for the use of the FFL per gun and I think it was $24.00 for the DROS. If it comes from out of state, he doesn't charge sales tax. That's $49.00 out the door over the guns wholesale price. If you can find a better price then what he can get it for, he'll mail is FFL to that dealer. Marshfield Arms( joe@galibois.com or www.galibois.com/marshfield/ ) has great prices and sells on www.gunbroker.com . They also already have Ade's FFL on file. Give Ade a call.

9. Coffindodger!

Coffindodger!

I feel bad for you Kali guys....

My FFL charges $15 and it's always 5-10 minutes in and out.

Last transfer he did for me, two guns came in at the same time. He charged me $15 total for both guns. :)

10. CWatson

CWatson

Bringing this post back to the top for one reason.I just used Christian Doomanis from [www.cdfirearms.com]in Burbank Ca for the first time.Great Guy.The charge total was $40 with Dros.CW

11. SanduneCC

SanduneCC Senior Member

Once again, $20 to DROS + $20 to Christian = $40. This guy deserves much appreciation for helping us out.