Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has feeding issues with 10mm either in the Glock 29, 20 or 40. I am specifically looking at the hard cast 10mm bullets like the ones offered from Buffalo Bore and Undewood, and wondering if anyone has had any reliability issues with them.

I was looking at the 255 grain 45acp loads, but I think that a 10mm might feed better since the standard 40sw/10mm is designed with a flat nose so the guns are made to feed that profile, unlike the 45acp which the standard is round nose ball ammo.

Let me know your experiences

·
Registered
13,848 Posts
None in the year that I have owned my G20.
Been feeding it various brands and types, but mostly pretty hot Underwood loads.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Wondering if anyone has feeding issues with 10mm either in the Glock 29, 20 or 40. I am specifically looking at the hard cast 10mm bullets like the ones offered from Buffalo Bore and Undewood, and wondering if anyone has had any reliability issues with them.

I was looking at the 255 grain 45acp loads, but I think that a 10mm might feed better since the standard 40sw/10mm is designed with a flat nose so the guns are made to feed that profile, unlike the 45acp which the standard is round nose ball ammo.

Let me know your experiences
Only problem I ever had in my G 29 was with some remanufactured ammo from Freedom Munitions. Probably have used a dozen types of ammo with at least 5,000 rounds shot, but just that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have actually used the Buffalo Bore 255gr load in 45acp in several of my 1911's. Always feed perfect. In my Glock 20 it seems to eat everything I put in it including wide hardcast. Have read of some aftermarket barrels not liking the wide hardcast but have never tried an aftermarket barrel

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the replies. I think that a 255 grain is just a little too heavy combined with a non-typical bullet profile for the caliber with a short OAL, that from my research doesn't feed well in numerous peoples guns. Good to know that 10mm cycles well. Am I correct in the assumption that the flat nose 10mm feeds better because the standard 40sw/10mm is designed with a flat nose and it's meant to feed that bullet style?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glocks eat everything.I fired some heavy 230 grain WFNGC hard cast loads from DoubleTap through my G40 with no issues.Heck those loads also didn't seem to keyhole either from what I remember.Recoil on those were heavy and torquey.Fun to shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts