close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any experience with the iHunt app (for Android)?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Gaston_Convert, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

I downloaded the free version from Ruger yesterday to test drive it, but couldn't get any sound from any of the calls. Just wondering if it only works with the remote Bluetooth speaker. I'm using a Galaxy S7.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

2. Tvov

Tvov

Well, off I go to take a look! Did you get it from the Ruger site? Do you have a link?

3. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

From your device, search the Google Play store for "iHunt" and you'll find both the paid and free (Ruger) versions. The Ruger version is a mostly locked demo version for the paid one. My interest was piqued by a Ruger internet ad and spring turkey season is less than a month away.

4. Tvov

Tvov

I downloaded it, and.... very cool! You would definitely need a powerful speaker to actually use the calls in the woods. The app definitely could help with identification of what you hear in the woods - seems like you could easily and instantly play sounds on your phone (quietly!) to ID what you are hearing in the woods.

I was checking out the coyote calls, deer calls, bear calls, and bunch of others all free! Went to check out the turkey calls... nope, locked! lol!

I am going to play with this app more, but it may actually be worth buying! Thanks for the heads up.

5. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

I found out the Ruger version can be unlocked for a one-time fee of $5.99 and has more calls and features than the regular paid version of iHunt. However, I haven't been able to make it play any sounds! All I hear is a click when I try to start a call. What am I doing wrong?

6. Tvov

Tvov

I have an LG G3 smart phone. Don't know why your's can't play the sounds. Was / is the speaker on your phone turned on / turned up? Otherwise maybe try to check sound settings?

7. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

I don't know what happened. It didn't work the first time I downloaded it and it didn't work when I tried it again last night. Today it works fine. Technology!