close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any experience with LaserMax?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bullybrdr, Feb 9, 2010.

1. bullybrdr

bullybrdr

I am seriously considering purchasing a LaserMax internal laser sight, but I have questions to anyone who actually has experience with using one,i.e., do they hold up, are they reasonably well-regulated to point-of-aim,any caveats when it comes to cleaning/lubricating? Any serious help would be appreciated!

2. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

Neat idea, always made me less accurate.

Maybe if you were shooting in total darkness at 10 feet it'd do some good.

Not for me, personally. Night sights make my glocks way more accurate than the lasermax ever did.

3. bobandshawn

bobandshawn BOBO

I have a Lasermax in my G26 and love it. Absolutely solid - no concerns - drop in simplicity. seems to be set exactly at 21 feet (POA=POI). Every other distance is still VERY close. I still use my metal sights as primary, but these are great assurance in low light situations.

~Bob

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I have one in my G30. Sucks. It is on as far as accuracy goes, but can and does come on in the holster. It can and does turn itself on and off while shooting. I don't like the blinking laser nearly as much as I like a steady laser. And they are about ten times less visible as the CT. Also, they are not worth a third as much as they sell for. I do however really like the Crimson Trace lasers. I have several and have zero complaints. Do some research on here and you will see that everyone of my gripes with the LM will be backed up by many other people on here who have used them. Another problem, is that since the end of the laser tube is next to the muzzle, you need to make sure you wipe it off quite a bit as you are shooting. To each his own, but CT wins hands down over LM any day of the week IMO. That's why they out sell LM by probably about 20 to 1. If not a higher ratio.

5. nelsone

nelsone rank amateur

I put one in my brand-new G36 a couple years ago. Within a year it went dim and stopped pulsing - no, it wasn't the batteries - so they exchanged it for me. The replacement hasn't been in the gun for very many live rounds - it's just as easy to put the stock assy. back in for practice - but even so, the light output has changed, smearing out into a vertical line. It's still accurate, bright, and pulsing, but something's changed.

They warranty it for three years NQA, which apparently is necessary for them to maintain good customer relations. I'll get it replaced one more time before my three years run out, but I'm no longer the great fan that I once was of Lasermax.

That said, it's at very least a cool range toy, plus it definitely adds the advantage of accuracy when shooting from low-ready, and then there's always the possibility that the laser might dissuade a BG before I need to perforate him. Mostly, I like it for dry-fire practice.

Would I buy it again? Maybe not, but it really does give me confidence when hip-shooting, and that's what I anticipate being forced to do in a street confrontation.

6. hikerpaddler

hikerpaddler

Simply the best laser available in every area but price. No issues with cleaning, etc.

7. FGracing

FGracing

Had one in my 31. I didn't like the way it turns on or off and found the pulsing very distracting. I would go CT a better product for me at least.

8. blinddog

blinddog

I tested them for my tactical team back when they first came out about '92. We found them to be a nice consept but to be pretty expensive for the intended use. since in extreme low light you will need a light anyway, they are redundant, the do not put out any illumination so target recognition is not there, (see above about other lights) I found the switch, (on the take down ) seems to get loose over time. The lens can get fouled but wipes off easy, cleaning is no differant than with out. One real down side is that in heavy fog or smoke, if the bean is on, it will point right back to you and can be seen from the side easily.

9. FuerGrissaOstDrauka

FuerGrissaOstDrauka

CT's are even more off than lasermax. I don't know who in their right mind would call CT's a better product. Might as well electrical tape a laser pointer to the grip of the gun.