Any experience w/ Glock 27 - 'LEO' 11 Rnd mags?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tom8789, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Tom8789

Tom8789

I also posted this in the Sub Club.

Anyone have, either good or bad, experience
    with GLOCK M/27 11RD *LEO STAMPED* mags?

Any feed problems?

They look to be a only "tad" larger than a
    9 rnd'r w/ Pierce ext. Looks good for winter
    cary with cover garments.

Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    -

2. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Or, you could use a G23 mag with one of those base cover/adapter thingies so the profile looks like the G23. That would be about the same size but would give you 13+1.

3. Tom8789

Tom8789

Steve K,

I have several G23 mags and they are a bit longer than the +2 on a 9 rnd'r. I can't stand the "base cover/adapter thingies". I tried one for a while.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

4. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

I don't blame you. I think they look gay.

I just carry the 27 with 9+1 no matter what the weather.

5. JR1

JR1 Millennium Member

Mine won't lock back empty. I use a 9-rounder or maybe a +1 for carry. The +2 is only for the range.

6. sourcehill

sourcehill

I had the +2 on my G27 and have had an issue with it yet. As long as the feed lips are not bent out of shape and the mag spring is in good shape, you're in good shape.

7. glockin101

glockin101 CCSO56

I had the same problem with mine.

8. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

I use them in my G33 with no problems whatsoever. Highly reccommend them, feels fantastic and far better than a flush floorplate (like a 19/23/32).

9. WinderPD-G27

WinderPD-G27

before i traded my 27 in for a 23 (due to size) I had bought a LEO only 11-rd magazine for the 27. Apparently, all Glock did was slap on a +2 extension onto a regular 9-round magazine and add the 'LEO-Only' wording. I swapped the extension to another magazine and it fit and functioned perfect.

10. S. Kelly

S. Kelly

I've used mine on my G27 and they've worked perfectly. They do use the G23s mag spring, not the 9 round mag spring.

11. sdfhpson

sdfhpson

Are you sure of this?

12. fastbolt

fastbolt

Glock Part Number SP02429, Magazine Spring used for:
    G19, G23, G26, G27, G29, G30, G32, G33, G38, G39 (They get a lot of use out of that single spring, don't they?)

Glock Part Number SP02316, Magazine Spring used for:
    G19, G23, G32 10-rd magazines

The only feeding failure I've experienced with my G27 was when using one of my 11-rd L/E marked G27 magazines. It was a last round nose-dive, which occurred during the first range session in which I used those magazines. The ammunition was the Remington Express 180gr JHP, which has a particularly large nose cavity, FWIW. I marked it off to a new magazine 'breaking in', as the problem hasn't occurred again, even when the same ammunition was used. (I made sure I used a very firm grip with the 'longer' magazines, however, from that point onward ... ;) )

I'd expect the same magazine spring to exert lessened tension, at least at some point, as it extended to its least compressed length within a longer magazine tube, than within a shorter magazine tube.

I wouldn't be the least surprised to eventually see that a magazine spring was 'out-run' by the fast cycling G27's slide when the spring was used in a longer magazine body (G23, or with a +2 extension added to the standard 9-rd G27 magazine body), but before the same thing might occur when it was used in the standard 9-rd G27 magazine body without the extension.

Also FWIW, I decided to keep the +2 L/E G27 magazines for mostly range use, and bought more of the standard 9-rd magazines. The 11-rd (+2) magazines only cost me $5 more each, but I happen to prefer the stock 9-rd magazines. I generally use the stock (flat) magazine floor plates, too, although I have a couple of the +0 Pearce extensions. I find the Pearce extensions make for positive and comfortable reloading, since the magazines with the stock floor plates aren't as easy to securely push past the bottom of my fist during reloading.

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

I bought 1 right after the ban died from "smittywee" in New York. Only when it was new, it would not lock the slide back after the last rd. After about 30rds, now it works flawlessly.

;N