close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any distance runners out there?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 2glock40s, Mar 27, 2010.

1. 2glock40s

2glock40s

I'm training for a half-marathon coming up in about a month. So far I've run a 5k and a 10k and a 10 miler coming up this weekend. The half is on April 24. I have gotten a wicked blister on the end of my second toe that has gone under my toe nail. I'm thinking that eventually the toe nail will come off. Should I help it along or just let come off on its own? When it grows back will be like it was before I started running? I apologize to any who are grossed out but I'm curious.

2. harleyfx69

harleyfx69

let it go naturally, less pain and less chance of "complications",

also it really helps to keep that blister covered, and you can keep running, but a little less intensely than your normal regimen,

that really sucks you got it this close to your race ..

3. 98LS-WON

98LS-WON

Buy some good socks. Thorlos work great for me.

4. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

I've gone to using Wrightsock Coolmesh and DeFeet socks. They've kept blisters down to a dull roar.

Get the Bandaid blister bandaids, they actually do work. You're going to lose toenails, there's a reason the bumpersticker says, "Toenails are for the weak" :supergrin:

If the thing sticks out at all, take a needle and pop it then put neosporin into the pocket. I've done that for years and it helps a lot.