Any computer people out there? Need help..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by robbcayman, Mar 21, 2010.

1. robbcayman

robbcayman

Okay, long story short I messed up. I'm doing a complex math assignment online and I accidentally submitted the answer key portion that he gave us. It has answer key written in soft lettering that's why I didn't notice it when I submitted it. He gave us the answer key, so it's not cheating. However, it looks bad that I submitted that and it appears I just copy and pasted the answers (I sort of did :whistling::wavey:).He hasn't seen it yet and I'm freaking out a little.

It had a lot of complex graphs, so I copy and pasted. When I noticed it I tried to delete it, but it won't let me due to a permission error. It also won't let me copy and paste over it due to this file permission error crap. Is there anything I can do???

2. Naptown34

Naptown34 NRA Life Member

Take the D...lesson learned.

3. Ersatz

Ersatz

I'd send an email before he sees it letting him know of your mistake. If thiis was an innocent mistake, you'll be fine. If this was clearly an act of dishonesty, I frankly am not concerned with how you come out of it. ;)

4. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I'd say you're probably screwed unless you can make friends with the web site administrator or sys admin of the colleger very fast.

5. robbcayman

robbcayman

It's not cheating he gave us the answer sheet. Plus, it's not even for a grade it's just required to be done before I can take the exam. I'll either know it on the exam or I won't. He can't do anything about it, because he gave us the answers. It just makes me look bad, which I was hoping to avoid.

I did call the administrator and he said I couldn't delete it... dangit. Oh well.. :)

I was just hoping someone had a brilliant idea i.e. to corrupt the file or override it etc...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  6. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU

email the professor and explain you sent a practice sheet you made to help with studying. Then send the one you did. Problem solved bud. Professors are not as smart as most people think and they are way cooler then most people think.

7. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

He gave you the answer key so you could see the end result of the problem and ensure you were doing them correctly. If you copied and pasted them, it is cheating. That is why he encoded it. So he could see who was cheating. Face it, you cheated.

Then you tried to cheat again by hoping we could tell you how to hack the file. You aren't on a scholarship are you?

8. robbcayman

robbcayman

Excellent idea!!! Thanks!