Any comments on NAA Mini 22Mag Combo?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by MikeRowland, Apr 6, 2012.

1. MikeRowland

MikeRowland

Are there negative comments on NAA Mini 22MAG/LR Combo? Since one frame handles two different chambers there could be potentially some minor issues involved as far as reliabilty/performance/etc versus versions designed for single chamber. Is the frame for combo exactly the same as for 22Mag alone, i.e. the only difference is that combo includes extra chamber for 22lr? Does the frame for 22Mag create some issues with chamber for 22lr?

Also, any comments on their HG (Holster Grip) feature? it adds extra 1 ounce to the weight but provides a better grip.

http://northamericanarms.com/firearms/firearms-all/mc.html

http://northamericanarms.com/firearms/firearms-all/mc-hg.html

2. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

They are different cylinders. Unless they have changed something I haven't heard of the 22lr has a cylinder and the 22 mag has a separate cylinder. I have the 1 5/8 “ barrel .22 mag. I have contacted NAA and they said I need to mail it to them for a .22lr cylinder so it can be properly timed . 50 bucks for the cylinder. So if you are going to buy just get both and save a few bucks. I have it in my front pocket right now, can’t feel it. I have a custom built holster that fits the pistol perfectly and aligns in my pocket for an easy grab. This pistol as some would say is not a novelty . It is a finely crafted firearm. Built extremely well. I would not bet my life on it exclusively but I can get it out of my pocket on to a target in about 1 second. One round on target could buy me the time I needed to get to my crossbreed which takes a bit longer to get to and the 9mm Kahr if I was in a really tight spot. It is a contingency not an exclusive, but for extremely close quarters quite nice. Now your ears will be ringing . the .22 mag sounds like a .38 when it goes off.

3. 2guns

2guns

Fits in the watch/change pocket of my jeans, and yes I would use it as a personal defense weapon if need be.

4. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

A neat little gun. I wish I hadn't traded mine in to the local dealer. I may in the future get another one. YMMV.tom.:wavey:

5. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

I've used 'em for blastin bumble bee's or hornets out of the air with. Not advisable to try it in the living room though.

[​IMG]

The extra freebore provided by the longer cylinder of the .22lr in the .22mag frame gives a bit more velocity for the .22lr out of such a short barrel.

Both rounds end up pretty anemic out of such a short barrel though.

North American Arms - Ballistics
    NAA has ballistics information on their mini's and other guns on their sight for a variety of loads.

6. gryphthemyth

gryphthemyth

Absolutly love mine. I have the combo and it helps save a few bucks to practice with it and have fun with it in 22lr then switch cylinders to 22mag for a last ditch CC weapon. My favorite "its to damned hot to carry today" gun lol.

7. Four Knives

Four Knives

Always wanted one, thought they looked like well built cool little pieces of art.

Got the mini model with both cylinders.

Took it to the range and after shooting it, I could not imagine hammer cocking and trigger pulling in a heart-in-your-throat defensive scenario, so I immediately moved it out.

Not hacking on anyone's choice of these...they remain super cool, but for me, it would have just been $200 sitting in my safe hanging around to be shown to my poker buddies.

8. PhantomF4E

PhantomF4E

Empty cartridges and practice till it ain't nuthin' but muscle memory . It's a last ditch for sure , but .....