close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Any Comment about taurus 24/7?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by tancol, Jan 30, 2010.

1. tancol

tancol

Sirs,

Am planning to buy after this election gun ban a 9mm for concealed carry and happened to take a look on taurus 24/7 here in our local gun store...anybody knows about the performance of this gun? is it as realiable as glock? since glock is out of my budget...and after having check the gun for the feel in my hand, it was quite comfortable for me to handle and also this gun looks very good and the trigger pull is as good as my 1911...and likewise just asking your opinion coz am in delima which is best caliber to buy, a 9mm or .40 S&W...Any amigo here to share his piece of mind over this gun?

Thank you........

2. Allegra

Allegra

Dont know about the taurus , but I'd pick the 9mm if you plan on shooting regularly
    If you do pick the 40, tell the reloader the exact specs nung load mo
    Do not use the local ipsc loads baka sumabog si baril

3. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

My cousin got one of the 9mm models. He's happy with it but he doesn't shoot nearly as much as I do so I can't comment on long term reliability. I like Taurus for their small revolvers and i think they define the company. Have you looked at the current CZ models? Or for a little bit more money, the HS2000 is an excellent choice. IMHO the trigger pull is better than a stock glock and M&P. My wife loves her HS9. Watching her shoot it makes me nervous and aroused at the same time.

4. balong451911

balong451911

How about the PT 840 sir? Planning to buy this model kasi, cannot afford the cz or hs eh!

5. Orclin

Orclin

I've had a 24/7 in 9mm for about 8 months now and love it. It fits my hand well, the trigger is much better than the M&P or XD and it shoots really good. I think the 24/7 is very under rated in the market. May not be as trendy as some others but I love it. Been using it for all my IDPA and other training. I've put a few thousand rounds through it and the only issues I've had is when I don't seat the mag all the way (my fault).
    Enjoy,
    Scott

6. jimbullet

jimbullet

A friend of mine has one, but uses it as his regular defensive pistol and not really to compete and so hasnt really fired more than 500 rds over 3 years. I gave it a go one time and I wasnt too impressed about the trigger being too heavy (obviously not like your regular 1911). One word would describe it: revolver.

7. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

As long as you stay away from the .40 & .45 versions of the 24/7, you'll be fine... Buddy of mine owns a 9mm and it's a fantastic gun... I, on the other hand, owned the .45 flavor. HORRIBLE gun!... Jammed every other round... Tried new mags and everything you could think of, including sending it to taurus. Nothing ever worked... Sold it and never looked back.... I heard the same was true with the .40's.

All this being said... I would not hesitate to buy the 9mm version!

8. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Sir, gently put down that bong and step away from it.

Just kidding:supergrin: